No clutch pressure (ISUZU 5-spd) - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No clutch pressure (ISUZU 5-spd)
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 3:05 PM
On my way home from work today, I noticed the hydraulic clutch pressure start to fade away, and as I pulled into my parking spot, I lost all pressure entirely. Pedal goes to floor and can be picked back up by hand with no resistance.

I got under the car and noticed a bolt (or plug...whatever) on the bottom of the transmission missing, and what appeared to be clutch fluid (?) leaking out of it. It's a clear fluid. I can't remember what Syncromesh looks like. The odd thing is the clutch fluid reserve tank is full, and the problem went as least driveable on for 10 miles of backroads.

My question(s) are....

1. Is there an easier way to replace that bolt on the bottom? It's closer to the driver side, facing downwards. The GM dealership told me two day wait.... does autozone or anyone else possibly stock this? Is it something I can limp with from home depot for a week?

2. The dealership parts department I called told me the slave cylinder was totalled and would need to be replaced. Is this true? I tried looking up the transmission in my Chilton's, but the information wasn't very detailed. I've had no trouble with it for months since my last Syncromesh change.

Is there anywhere on the net that I can get a blowup of the Isuzu transmission?? Service manual scans??

How much would servicing/replacing the slave cyl cost in US?

Thanks everyone.

Re: No clutch pressure (ISUZU 5-spd)
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:19 PM
Normally the slave cylinder leaks first and u have problems shifting and u would see a loss of brake fluid from the clutch resevoir,NORMALLY.A slave that just stops working or goes bad umm,possible I guess but,most of the time it leaks first and u have to drop the transmission to replace this part.That's the info I can share with u on slave as for the bolt I do not know right off hand since I own a old,old first gen cavy.I hope this is helpful somehow at least for the info.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:53 PM
hey man, i am haveing the same problem with mine but i replaced my tranny and but in a new throw out bearing and my resivor is full also. if you find out nething, let me know and vise-versa.
Thursday, March 24, 2005 6:34 PM
Hmm, i had the same problem, but it took about 8 months before it got to the point where i had to pick it up by hand. As far as i can tell is it's the slave cylinder. One time i went half way through a bottle of brake fluid just tryin to build up pressure before it decided to cooperate. That didn't last very long either
Saturday, March 26, 2005 9:38 AM
Does anyone know where to get that bolt/drain plug/whatever fit in the opening of the differential housing? It's my latest challenge. I am NOT talking about the gearbox drain plug.

I know someone on here can tell me.
Saturday, March 26, 2005 6:51 PM
I had the same prob. lst week and it was my clutch mastercylinder as for the plug no telling just look everywhere see what u see
Saturday, March 26, 2005 8:02 PM
Yeah I completely forgot the clutch master cylinder as a culprit.If it leaks more than likely its leaking inside the car,ouch at least it did on my wifes civic.Not leaking alot but,it was a easy fix to say the least.Just look up under ur dash at the clutch pedal and u should see a cylinder where the hard line feeds into it thru the fire wall,if u see fluid leaking anywhere around it that could defin cause the problem.Thanks brian for reviving something I completely did not even recall.Even a small leak can cause failure to that particular part.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search