chugging and dieing at stoplights - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
chugging and dieing at stoplights
Saturday, March 26, 2005 2:42 PM
well spork might be going into the shop, i have been having this on going problem with it chugging and dieing on me at stop lights and i don't know what is causing it to do this. i really ticks me off though. ive replaced plugs and plug wires but sitll no improvement. tthen to add insult into injury i have this weird tap tap tapping noise in the rear end when ever i am driving. ther faster i go the faster the tapping gets and vice versa.

please any of you engine gods help!!!!

Re: chugging and dieing at stoplights
Saturday, March 26, 2005 5:55 PM
could be a crank sensor if it just barely runs and when you give it gas it dies.
Saturday, March 26, 2005 6:05 PM
well it dies when it is just sitting tehre idling, waiting for the green light.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 8:07 PM
I see ur car is a automatic,have u ever changed the transmission fluid?If not if could be the TTC switch the torque converter clutch switch,has gone bad and will cause the car to either cut off or bog down at IDLE while stopped or coming to a stop.IF u have not ever changed the fluid do so,and replace the switch with a new one.U can just disconnect it and it should clear up the problem,it won't hurt the car but will reduce the mpg u get.Check this out.I myself do not know the exact location of the switch so ask other who have dealt with this b4 they can point u in the right direction of its location.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:27 AM
it could either be a bad iat sensor or a bad fuel pressure regulator. mine was doing the same thing and had to have these things replaces. hope this helps

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:36 AM
I was thinking that it ran bad all the time and then died when you stopped. I was also wondering if that tapping noise in the rear is your fuel pump.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 1:54 PM
jim - i spoke with others abouth this and they said it might be the fuel pump as well, wither way it is still going into the shop this week to have the engine check better to be on the safe side. i guy i work with is convinced that it is my new plugs in the car. i think that i am going to be replacing the fuel filter since this is going on.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 2:07 PM
Mine has been having this problem for four months now and after replacing a long list of things and spending $1200 at one shop I took it to a dealership and within an hour they found a split wire going to my MAP sensor harness.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search