Rough Idle Problem ! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rough Idle Problem !
Monday, March 28, 2005 1:21 PM
I just got a new intake, it worked for bout 5 or 6 days and then it started idling rough, missing and stalled a few times, I change spark plugs, and fuel filter and same thing. I didnt bother to unplug the battery when i put it on the first time but i did do it when it started idling rough. Since then ive taken the intake off and it idled rough for a lil bit then has been normal since so im sure its the intake, any ideas?

Re: Rough Idle Problem !
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 6:20 AM
did you install the IAT sensor back into your new intake? With tthe IAT sensor not in the incoming air stream, the PCM doesn't know the air temp, and can't properly mix air/fuel, which would cause a rough idle.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried!
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 5:09 PM
start checking your sensors cause that usually causes rough idle o2 sensor,iat sensor,and some of the other emission and pcm sensors

the fastest jbody?
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:07 PM
I think these guys are on the money. IAT first (happened to me). Basically I installed an intake to see the difference in noise, dropped the IAT on the floor. No visible damage but replacing it fixed my idling issues.

I know it does not apply very much to Cavaliers but resetting the computer after making changes affecting the fual/air availability is recommended. This was more something I got used to do when I had a Ford Zetec motor. Slow learning computers I tell ya

SoupMan

- and no, 'Soup' in SoupMan does not stand for Soup Up but for 'Soup' as in Lipton 'Soup'. -
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search