I got one big problem! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I got one big problem!
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:16 AM
My car won't start at all.....it doesn't even crank over. I have removed the starter and I am about to go get it tested. Can you guys think of anything it could be? The battery is fine cuz it powers everything, just when I go to turn the ignition it won't crank over. It ran two days ago, that is when I discovered a leak one of the hoses from the transmission to the radiator. Since, then it hasn't been started. When it did start is started fast, and right away. This is beyond me......

Re: I got one big problem!
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:32 AM
a battery can have enough juice to power things and still not have enough to start the car...sounds to me like a bad battery, solenoid or starter...check the terminals for corrosion or a broken cable if you changed the hose...also check for a blown fuse. hope this helps some

HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS…EVERY PU**Y NEEDS ONE!
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:42 AM
i agree, the first thing to always check when something electrical doesnt go at all is the fuse.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 12:44 PM
thanks guy, but it turned out to be the starter.....I checked all the fuses before I left for autozone, it was prolly just the solenoid on the starter. But Autozone doesn't sell just the solenoids, so I had to buy a whole new starter......its okay though I like shiny things

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 2:23 PM
I have the same problem. See my post at his forum for additional information! (below)

Regards,

Luis Montero, from Costa Rica.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=11&i=81423&t=81423

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search