Vibrations while accelerating. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vibrations while accelerating.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:38 AM
Well heres the story. The tard i was put Dropzone springs on OEM struts on my car last june almost 1 yr ago. Car drove stock before but this problem was not there. When i accelerate, my steering wheel shutters at 20-25 mph then stops and then it will do it again at 40-45 mph. Also when i get above 70mph my whole car vibrates and shutters. I've had all the wheel re balanced. I've had it to the dealership atleast 4 times now for this problem. All they did was replace the front strut mounts. The problem is still there. I have the Eibach pro kit and AGX setup waitng to be sure there will be no more snow/salt. Anyone know what would be causing this to happen? Blown struts or CV shaft? Oh and also since i installed them i was able to notice the shutters increase in intencity.

Re: Vibrations while accelerating.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:36 AM
cv joints/shafts are toast from being beat to hell on stock struts... i heard that dropzones put the front cv joints/shafts at a bad angle, plus its intensified with the stock struts not being able to take the abuse of being lowered..i bet the joints are all worn out or it ruined a wheel bearing..good luck!

HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS…EVERY PU**Y NEEDS ONE!
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:17 AM
I have no.... clue. How much do CV joints run and how much of a PITA are they to replace if i can't figure out a way to have them warrented?

Thursday, March 31, 2005 8:56 AM
i have the same problem with my coilovers. CV joints can run i believe 1-300 bucks with the labor to install ..i started looking briefly because i have to replace mine soon too but could be just looking in the wrong place. also...once you lowered that car forget about warrenty...Chevy is rediculous with that. Even before i lowered my car i had bearing problems and needed both replaced in the front....Service tech asked if the car was lowered (which being a tech they should be able to see when the car is on a lift...duh) because they didnt want to fix them for free. bastards

~*~*DONNA MARIE*~*~
2002 Yellow Cav LS sport (aka BadG1rl)
2006 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC Twin Charged
FPOC Model 2005
http://www.cardomain.com/id/1badg1rl

Thursday, March 31, 2005 11:17 AM
it could be flat spots on the tires... it may be on the inner edge of the tire, making it unnoticeable normally, but the change in camber(from the drop) may have brought it out.

"i promise we won't get drunk, and go out in boat in the dark, stand up in the boat and fire the gun into the air unless we have life jackets on."
Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:12 PM
Dennis wrote:cv joints/shafts are toast from being beat to hell on stock struts... i heard that dropzones put the front cv joints/shafts at a bad angle, plus its intensified with the stock struts not being able to take the abuse of being lowered..i bet the joints are all worn out or it ruined a wheel bearing..good luck!

Are you effing kidding me?

What's a good way to check the condition of them?
I have the exact same problem that he does, but I don't ever hear any popping or anything that is usually associated with bad CV's.

Thursday, March 31, 2005 9:49 PM
Ive had a similar problem since the day i lowered my car, it only had 10,000 miles then so i dont think the CV joints would be the problem, mine wasnt real bad though it was only during hard acceration. I replaced my front strut mounts, that helped alittle. Id think that prothane lower control arm bushings would help or any other brand. Or possibly i front sway bar could possibly help id say anything that tighten up the front of the suspension, the less play the less vibration id think. Hope this helps

Bruce
red03ecotec

Friday, April 01, 2005 8:40 AM
Its weird... like sometimes its not there.. and other times it is. My car bounces like a ball, My tech didn't know my car was lowered and did the work. But now they know it is. But when i get the AGX/ prokit on and if its still there, i am going to claim they are stock springs but i needed to get new struts.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search