i need quick help for my window PLEASE!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i need quick help for my window PLEASE!!
Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:15 PM
Hi everyone, i have manual window and i'm going power windows. I bought everything from a 97 cavalier but today, i found that i miss the clock spring in one of the window regulator. My question is, will my 2000 sunfire manual window will have them so i can replace it?

i didn't check in the door cause i'm not that good with my hands and i'll let a professionnal do it but i don't want to miss pieces when i get it done!

i mean:

and the picture without it:

so do i have this spring in my manuel window??? and do i need it absolutely??

thanks!!

Re: i need quick help for my window PLEASE!!
Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:54 PM
Sunday, June 10, 2007 7:01 PM
Damn the no edit button!

I may be wrong, but some quick searching on google I found several manual window pictures and they all have the spring.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 7:46 PM
I have search in all the interior, maintanance and electric forums ans didn't find the answers...so like i found things on power windows in those 3 sections, i though to post in each one....don't bash me, i need the answer before my i go to the garage!!

I didn't think of google, thanks for the remind! lol

And thanks for the advice...didn't think i could be flamed for that!

but i'm not sure if i have the spring in my mauel setup and do i absolutely need it?
Sunday, June 10, 2007 9:29 PM
From my experience the spring is not there nor needed. In all the Cavaliers and Sunfires that I have done window motors to, not 1 has had the spring.

Monday, June 11, 2007 8:19 PM
thanks zsqee24, I will now be able to get the car to the garage to put my power windows...i can't wait to have them lol!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search