Thumping Noise/Highway speeds - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thumping Noise/Highway speeds
Sunday, July 13, 2008 3:52 PM
Hey there....I've been noticing this noise on my car lately and I cant figure out what it is, and its bothering the hell out of me?! The car is an 03 LS Sport Coupe with 58,000 miles on it. This thumping noice occurs only when driving 70mph and up basically when driving on the highway. It sounds like its coming from the front passenger area. The car has newer tires on it and drives fine so I dont think it is that. I recently had the wheel bearings looked at and everything is good, according to the dealership. Any ideas as to what it may be? Thanks for the help

Re: Thumping Noise/Highway speeds
Monday, July 14, 2008 1:50 PM
There are several posts in the Maintenance forum regarding this. Everyone points at the wheel bearings. Do you take hard turns, drive on rough roads a lot, or go over speed bumps too fast? Mine is doing the same thing and I'm pretty confident that it's the wheel bearing. I jsut haven't had time to change it.
Monday, July 14, 2008 3:00 PM
I actually drive my car very easy. My drive to work is on the highway so no bumps or anything at all. It makes me feel like the car is crap making this noise. It has started recently becuase it didnt do it before. May I will have it looked at again for a wheel bearing.

Monday, July 14, 2008 3:14 PM
I know that I let my car sit in the garage all last winter and it really didnt move.....could this cause wear on the wheel bearings?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search