Time to replace battery - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Time to replace battery
Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good replacement battery for the 2.4 LD9... I know its a group 75 battery... just wondering what everyone's replacing them with... and if you could post the CCA of each that'd be great!!

I'm not looking for anything to run subs or any soundsystem... just looking for something that will be sure to start when its -40 =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:16 PM

Re: Time to replace battery
Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:19 PM
Optima Red Top?

Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:23 PM
That's one of my choices... unfortunatly I've been havign a bitch of a time locating a group 75.... any other suggestions?? would it be worth it to go yellow top?
Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:47 PM
Just a suggestion, you could maybe try and interstate or sears diehard.
Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:49 PM
i've been running an advance auto parts silver series for like... three years. still cranks rather quickly, and i'm running my system off it as well.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:01 PM
Thing ya gotta watch out for, and i only say this because i've had it happen to me at least twice now unless you invest a lot your not gonna get a lot. Meaning if you get a cheap battery or less expensive one, as was the case with me your battery could start leaking and cause the tray etc to rust out.
Thursday, December 18, 2008 6:46 PM
I bought walmart Energizer battery 700 CCA, I am impressed with the battery. -35 it cranks np. Not bad for $99 battery.
Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:18 PM
I bought one of their everstart maxx batteries, paid like $72 something for it so far no problems. I had one of their regular everstart batteries, that's when i had the problems with the batteries venting acid. I figured it was probably too small a battery and the maxx is a little bigger, keeping an eye on it so far no signs of venting acid or leaking.
Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:24 PM
i have the everstart maxx in my sunfire. starts below zero every time. the sticker says 07/2007 so its about 1.5 years old and no problems yet...

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:47 PM
yeah, we've had 2 so far in our buick they seem to be pretty good batteries as far as wallyworld goes.
Friday, December 19, 2008 12:00 AM
would love a sears die hard but sears in canada doesn't carry batteries anymore.... I'm pretty sure Kal Tire does though...... money isn't really a issue for the right battery.... I'm still trying to locate a red top...

Friday, December 19, 2008 7:29 AM
Good Luck man.
Friday, December 19, 2008 7:36 AM
I've had good luck with my Motomaster Eliminator so far. I've heard it's a rebadged Exide part.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Friday, December 19, 2008 9:09 AM
ya I've been tempted with the motomaster eliminator but i've heard that can tire has changed their guarantee for batteries
Friday, December 19, 2008 6:39 PM
I looked all over for a redtop, and found out after a few weeks that Wal-Mart sells them go figure haha.

Redtop starts up on the coldest of mornings, right away, even if i haven't started the car up in a few days.
Friday, December 19, 2008 7:56 PM
Hmmm, i didn't know walmart sold optima batteries. Maybe it's just certain ones, haven't seen any in the walmarts out here.
Friday, December 19, 2008 10:30 PM
optimas best of the best. ive got interstate. a little pricey but it was worth u get what u pay for

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:51 PM
an interesting observation is costco's Kirkland brand is made by the parent company that owns optima...
Monday, December 22, 2008 7:42 AM
Mcmanus, that is interesting since the costco by me only sells tires not batteries. Must be like walmart only certain stores.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 10:38 PM
I say autozones duralast gold.I have recently repl my 72 mon batt in my 87 mazd trk bought in april 00 had NO prob at all.The only reason I repl was starting to lose its charge and this batt was well worth it.Comes with a 3 yr repl NO ? and prorated after that and highly recomm.Advance auto and walmarts everstart are rated VERY well and do compare in warranty price vary.I say diehard do just diehard I had 2 croke from cracked plates both undr 3 yr old,I stay away from sears on that.Advance,and the zone are about the same on price of there premium batt walmart is cheaper in cost.The optima are too costly and based on my knowledge from my area they have not run the full length of life based on info from the local stores that sell them.Its ur call I say the zone,advance,or walmart are ur best choices for cost,life,warr there about the same(walmarts cheaper) overall.

Saturday, December 27, 2008 10:51 AM
^^^Anyone know what this guy said? o_O

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My Car Website
http://www.theallin1der.com

My Cardomain Page
http://cardomain.com/ride/3108332

Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:59 PM
Albert Santiago wrote:^^^Anyone know what this guy said? o_O

if you can read cell phone text, you 'd get what hes saying lol... looks like he replied from a cell. or was in a rush. but i did get what he was saying.,

Thursday, January 08, 2009 3:15 PM
I have a red top and it starts up immediately every time. A guy at work has one brand new that he got off of warranty. I think that he killed his somehow and bought a new one and then returned his old one and got a new one. I will ask him what he wants for it if you like. I think Advanced auto charges like $150 for them. I am sure he will sell it for a lot less.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search