Superchips Tuner for ECOTEC - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Superchips Tuner for ECOTEC
Thursday, January 20, 2005 3:12 AM
oh yeah paid off last July.....2004 <br>

Thursday, January 20, 2005 4:44 AM
I have a 2004 Sunfire, about 1 year old. So far I've spent roughly $700 in suspension modifications, $1200 on wheels/tires, $800 on cams/p&p/engine mods, $700 on header/custom exhuast parts/labor, $200 on intake, $100 on short shifter, more on other stuff I can't remember right now. Future: planning on spending about $3-4000 on custom stereo, $500 on alarm, $100 on tint, $??? on engine management mods to optimize my cams, and optimize the engine for 91 octane. Maybe next year I'll spend about $4000 on a custom turbo buildup... Hell yeah, I want it, tell them to get on it!

I for one, don't fit in their 2 categories.. Their should be a 3rd category: Those(not necessarily young-I'm 30) who can afford more expensive cars, but buy small cheaper cars, so they can customize them with all the money they save! There are those of us out there who aren't satisfied with ANYTHING stock, this side of a Ferrari, so we're always going to allow for a modifications budget! Just look at APC(their parts are crap, but an example), how much stuff they sell to people wanting to customize their cars! The market is HUGE. The tuner market is booming, and companies that are not with it, are losing out big time.. Just go onto any tuner parts website, and see how much things like cams, custom turbo kits, etc go for. See how many of these companies are out there, doing well, obviously there's a demand! Send this to those guys at Superchips!

<br>

Thursday, January 20, 2005 5:18 AM
I would definitely be interested in a tuner for the ECOTEC. If it yields decent performance gains, I am all for it. I like the idea of being able to plug in a programmer and using it to optimize your engine. It's easier than a bolt on, and easier to remove if you need warranty work (I have an 04, so this is an issue for me). They definitely need to look at the market for the ECO and develop one of these tuners for it.

<br>

Thursday, January 20, 2005 7:06 AM
car: '03 sunfire ecotec
go-fast parts: $1,500 and counting.
appearance: $1,000
audio: i lost track countless thousands wasted before focusing on performance.

just a thought, those running forced induction (myself included) will be excluded from this. performance "chips" typically advance timing, which is lethal to f/i. unless this will be a sort of "programmer" with decent adjustability instead of just a "chip" i dont think there is gonna be enough of a market for it.
<br>

Thursday, January 20, 2005 9:19 AM
well, no eco here, but ive been on the org for awhile now, and alot of the people who have the ecos are dumping money into them. if they make it, theyll make money off it, if they dont, someone else will eventually realize theres a market for them and make them and then THEy will make the money, not power programmers, so either they make it, or someone els does, ifs i were in there shoes, id just make one so that I can get the profit, not someone else..... <br>

lol, 4th, oh well, im working on it.
Friday, January 21, 2005 1:15 PM
I've always thought of it as a double edge sword kind of deal... these companies want to make parts for a large market (such as mustang), so untill there's enough demand, they wont do it, but in order for there to be a large market, there has to be more companies offering parts. I know when i buy a car, i tend to look at what parts are available for it. Less parts = less options= boring. I think more places need to take a risk and start creating these parts, and eventually this will make the cars more coveted. Not only that, but most places use the same "programmer body" for thier products, so the only thing different is the actual information involved. so its not like they have to completely create a whole new product, just store new information in the same product they sell for everything else. Im sure if someone with a large enough bankroll wanted one, they'd make it, and they wouldnt be concerned with what "category" they fit into.
Friday, January 21, 2005 1:26 PM
2002 Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
Tony Lester
Amount Spent and what on

Engine Related: so far not much but roughly 300 bucks and counting
Suspension: none yet but soon to be
Visual and Electronics: 30 on g-tech thats about it so far.

<br>

Friday, January 21, 2005 1:37 PM
I would definitely be interested!
03 sunfire 5 speed <br>

LIVIN IN THE STIX
Friday, January 21, 2005 3:24 PM
i got my credit card in my pocket waiting to order
Friday, January 21, 2005 4:02 PM
If they build it i WILL buy it!!!!!!!!!! <br>

redcavi 04
Saturday, January 22, 2005 9:27 AM
mine is an 03 sunfire
i bought it august 03
i am 21
i spent
engine: $1950
wheels and suspension: $2730
exterior: $2845
audio: $2230
i hate looking at those numbers, but i am not done yet. i got alot on my wish list. im not finished with any of those categories.

Saturday, January 22, 2005 9:37 AM
Name: 03 cavalier/Oscar Ortega
Ammount Spent and what on...
Performance parts Engine related:$ 3000
Performance parts suspension related:$ 1000
Other performance parts:$ 1280
Visuals and other Bling Bling: 0

hope we can get that chip!

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked."
Monday, January 24, 2005 12:31 AM
Name: tmnt328
2003 sunfire
Performance parts Engine related:$ 450
Performance parts suspension related:$ none yet planning on ($1000ish)
Visuals and other Bling Bling:$30

Im probally not gonna spend too much on it until I have it paid off. But a "chip" that is easy to use and control would definatley inspire me to spend more.
Monday, January 24, 2005 7:44 AM
Josh Huber
03 eco cavvy
ya i've spent 1000's. If they made it, and it was worth a crap, i'd buy it. <br>

Monday, January 24, 2005 9:57 AM
James Kellough
04 Cavalier

engine performance: roughly $400
suspension:$70
ice and visual: soon to be a lot of cash! <br>

Monday, January 24, 2005 10:32 AM
pablo de jesus
04 BLACK CAVALIER 5SPD
ENGINE >$300 ...AEM COLD AIR
SUSPENSION>$200....GOLD LINE LOWERING SPRINGS
RIMS AND TIRES>$600....PROLINE RIMS...KUMHO ECSTA 711
VISUAL....$300..WINDOWS TINTED
CAR IS STILL UNDERCONSTRUCTION
Monday, January 24, 2005 10:34 AM
Alex Kalinowski
03 cavalier purchased june 03

engine performance: i spend about $300 but i have more parts than that
suspension: $0
tires$500
visual: $0
cant wait until may
i get a large raise and my insurance drops more
$$$$ <br>

Monday, January 24, 2005 11:01 AM
"If you build it, they will come"

Monday, January 24, 2005 11:10 AM
Name: Alan I (thefastfangz)
04 cavalier purchased October 2003

Ammount Spent and what on:
exterior looks: $1100 (wheels and Carbon trunklid)
suspension: $150 (eibach lowering springs)
Interior + electronics: $700 (black carpet, racing seats, 4-point harness, alot more)
engine performance: $2300 --turbo, CAI before that, WAI before that. 2.5" catback
TOTAL: $4250 <br>

My sig....
Monday, January 24, 2005 11:11 AM
Phil Gruver: 22
Car Paid in Full $16,500
Performance: $4000
Exterior: $6000
Suspenion/braking: $2000
Interior/Audio: $5000

(rough estimates)

I have the money now encriptor if you need someone to front Money, PLEASE IM me ASAP <br>

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, February 17, 2005 12:17 PM
I want to thank everyone who has replied. The really sick part is that I have calculated that there are $165,000 in modifications just from people who replied to me. Wow we spend way to much money. And that only goes for the ECOTEC engine. You should see what I raked in from the SRT-4 and the SVT guys. We beat out both of them though . I have compiled the data and am meeting with Superchips to get see if I can get this product started. Wish me luck.

Asta La Vista OHV!! Defined Parts

Thursday, February 17, 2005 3:13 PM
good work and thanks

keep us updated

Thursday, February 17, 2005 3:59 PM
Michael Lilly: 18
2005 Cavalier ls sport
Purchased: January 11th, 2005
Engine: 85
Visual: 140
Audio: 0
Suspension: 0

I am going to start modding my car very strongly within the next month I would be very intersted in this part if it was developed.
Thursday, February 17, 2005 5:50 PM
I am interested.....I will buy! I'm definitly into modding my J. My cars an 03 Fire its a year and 8 months old now and ive spent thousands! And I am willing to burn more for this damn car!!!

Name : ThE03FiRe (Mark C.)
Ammount Spent and on what...
Performance parts Engine related: about 400
Visuals and other Bling Bling: lets shoot for close to $6000

Just Wait and See..........
Thursday, February 17, 2005 7:09 PM
let us know how the meeting goes. yeah its sickening how much money we spend, dam parts shouldnt cost so much
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search