Cooling and chips - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cooling and chips
Monday, February 14, 2005 10:48 AM
I got a couple questions. First I was wondering if they made a cooler stat for the cavies and if they make a fan switch to turn them on faster. When I am at the track racing my car in the summer it gets too hot and doesn't run very good times til night time when it cools down. My second question is about a computer chip to put in my car. I really want to get more rpm out of my car cause I sure hate that stupid rev limiter. What I really want is cheap horsepower but I want to get rid of the rev limiter so I can go through the 1/4 mile in third gear cause I have to hit 4th just before the finish line. I have a 1999 cavy z-24 with the 2.4 in it.

Re: Cooling and chips
Monday, February 14, 2005 11:06 AM
motor doesnt make power past 6450

running a cooler t-stat with out adjusting the pcm for it , you will have lots of problems

unfortunatly we can not do anything with our computers , we got bumped for the LS2 motor

pretty much all you can do is manually over ride the fan and turn it on sooner

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:12 AM
you cant chip your computer,
and Cheap horsepower should not be said when modding a car

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 14, 2005 11:23 AM
chris thomson wrote:I got a couple questions. First I was wondering if they made a cooler stat for the cavies and if they make a fan switch to turn them on faster. When I am at the track racing my car in the summer it gets too hot and doesn't run very good times til night time when it cools down. My second question is about a computer chip to put in my car. I really want to get more rpm out of my car cause I sure hate that stupid rev limiter. What I really want is cheap horsepower but I want to get rid of the rev limiter so I can go through the 1/4 mile in third gear cause I have to hit 4th just before the finish line. I have a 1999 cavy z-24 with the 2.4 in it.

1) your a newb, go to the newbie forums.

2) their are 3 forms of cheap HP which are:

A) Intake
B) weight reduction
C) Jenny craig

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:29 AM
Hey lawnmowerracer I will go to whatever forum I want to. I have a fiberglass functional ram air hood. That sucks about the cooling cause it runs really hot at the track. Oh well thanks guys.
Monday, February 14, 2005 11:34 AM
chris thomson wrote:Hey lawnmowerracer I will go to whatever forum I want to. I have a fiberglass functional ram air hood. That sucks about the cooling cause it runs really hot at the track. Oh well thanks guys.

functionnal ram air hood. HAHAHAHA what a looser you just made of yourself.

If you do the bypass switch you shouldn't have temperature over 195. N.O.P.

Read the FAQ before getting ban for stupidity then search then ask a question if it wasn't answered anywhere.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:34 AM
Quote:

fiberglass functional ram air hood

You know that they are only really functional at 100+ mph.

And a ram air hood doesnt add HP, and it still puts you in the newb class.

Besides, Have you tried water wetter? Or the same stuff i use, Evans NPG Waterless Coolant? If your running more then 195 degrees on average, its either a faulty Thermostat, A water pump on its way out, or a lack of coolent.

Monday, February 14, 2005 12:38 PM
Ban me I don't care if it's losers like you on this site then I don't want to be here. So again stfu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, February 14, 2005 12:46 PM
chrisgo19 has no ride right now.

And besides, i made my suggestion here:

Quote:

Besides, Have you tried water wetter? Or the same stuff i use, Evans NPG Waterless Coolant? If your running more then 195 degrees on average, its either a faulty Thermostat, A water pump on its way out, or a lack of coolent.

Read for a change, dont assume a Function air ram hood will cool off your car.

Monday, February 14, 2005 12:52 PM
I never said that the ram air hood will cool my motor did I idiot? WTF are you talking about? I never said that I was running that hot all the time either. I said it gets that hot at the track. PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, February 14, 2005 12:57 PM
How hot, And Evans waterless coolent works In ALL CONDITIONS, both track and on STREET.

You shouldnt use a ram air hood as an excuse.

After all, this is what your wrote:

Quote:

Hey lawnmowerracer I will go to whatever forum I want to. I have a fiberglass functional ram air hood

What the hell does that have to do with going to the newb forum, idiot.

Monday, February 14, 2005 1:01 PM
You are such a loser. Go do something!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, February 14, 2005 1:07 PM
damn cant you guys be nice for once?
maybe he was talking about weight reduction???
maybe
did you think about that?

Monday, February 14, 2005 1:29 PM
15 lbs? for a hood? just remove the passanger seat, the rear seat, passanger side airbag, spare tire, jack and tools, speakers, hu, All unnessecary ducting, trim, and so forth, and see how much better you do.

I just suggested newb forum, since that was his first post, and a really good product, and he comes out with " Functional air ram hood"? WTF?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search