pulleys - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pulleys
Friday, February 18, 2005 10:09 AM
i was wondering how difficult it is to install an aftermarket crank pulley. i needed help putting a shifter in so i was wondering is it about the same difficulty level or harder? thanks

If it's too loud, you're too old!!

Re: pulleys
Friday, February 18, 2005 11:07 AM
well, i put my crank pulley in from mantapart and it was pretty easy, i have a 2.2L from 2000, i am not sure about the ecotec motors.

Also if anyone can answer this question.....Does anyone know if you had the smaller crank pulley and a smaller than stock alternator from a high output alternator what kind of performance would you get out of it if any? Sorry to ask a question on top of your question.
Friday, February 18, 2005 2:03 PM
well if you needed help with a shifter, then it would be quite a bit harder then for you.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Friday, February 18, 2005 2:23 PM
imo the crank pulley was easier than almost anything that i have done to my car. i have an eco. you toke off the passenger wheel, take off the plastic engine gaurd/ a few little bolts and clips, i think a wire harness clipped to mine too, not sure. but now you should be able to see the pulley and bottom portion of the engine. now you need to remove the belt. on the ecotec there is a little hole that is perfectly sized for a 3/8" ratchet on the belt tensioner. release the tension and remove the belt. now it is safe to remove your pulley. if you have access to air tools, you can use an impact gun (i dont remember the size sorry) and take the bolt out of the center of the pulley. if you do not have air tools, you will need a ratchet and a screwdriver or other object to prevent the crank from spinning, while you use the ratchet. you will need to stick the screwdriver through an opening in the crank and brace it against the engine. now that the pulley is off, you will notice that there is a groove inside the pulley, it needs to be lined up with the nub on the crank[this is the only way that it will go on]. now you put the crank bolt back in and i dont remember what the torque spec was for the crank. then you can follow instructions in reverse to put it back together. .then start it up and go.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search