Do I need a Tach Adapter for SAFCII Install? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Do I need a Tach Adapter for SAFCII Install?
Friday, February 18, 2005 12:58 PM
I did a search for and couldn't find if I needed it or not. I'm getting an SAFC probably installed tomorrow. Do I need a tach adapter for the tuning process or for the SAFC? I found the wire/pcm diagram, do I need anything else for the installation?

If you have installed this on your ECOTEC, please let me know if you needed any extra things or experienced any difficulties in the installation process. If you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Do I need a Tach Adapter for SAFCII Install?
Friday, February 18, 2005 5:52 PM
Only problem you may experience is one of two things: Low voltage map sensor and/or low voltage barometric pressure sensor (different codes).

If you get the low voltage barometric pressure sensor it is a code which will NOT go away, here is what I did...

Get an Aztek map sensor (all are the same, no matter the year), some vaccum hose to go between that and where the stock map sensor is. Elbow or just straight vaccum line connectors. Get a plug for the new map sensor (not cheap or easy to find). Wire as following.
A = Red with Black wire
B = green
C = grey
Trust me, this will make sense. Where the plug goes it's labeled what each wire is. Wire it up, plug the stuff in where the stock map sensor is. The stock map sensor is located behind the throttle body.

If after you swap that and you get a Map Sensor low voltage p0107, you need to wire in a 330 ohm resistor parallel with the green and grey wire.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=64304&t=64304
for more details.

I did not install this myself. Andrew Neufang installed the SAFC, I installed the new map sensor, Andy (Mr. Pute) installed the resistor and Todd (Protomec) came up with the idea.

Thank god J-Bom is so full of smart people.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search