2.2 Grounding - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 Grounding
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:14 AM
I did a search and didn't find anything useful. I was wondering, in what spots are you guys mounting the 4 gauge grounding kits. I know you need to go from the batt to body, body to block, and block to trans. I've only seen pics of the 2.4L with it mounted on the intake manifold which you cant do for the 2.2. I don't know where to mount it on the block or the trans. Just wondering If you guys have any pics or insight.

Re: 2.2 Grounding
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:28 AM
I didn't buy a grounding kit, per sae, rather the universal ground straps. I ran mine from the battery to a chasis bolt and to a bellhousing bolt. A chasis bolt covers the body and the bell housing bolt covers the entire engine and trasmission, since it is bolted through the tranny housing into the block. This set-up connects to all major electrical components.

Friday, February 18, 2005 9:39 AM
Well, to tell you the truth I didn't buy one either. I work at Circuit City so I can get the 4 gauge wire and the connectors all for only $20. So for the bell housing bolt did you just zip it out and then re torque it again?

Friday, February 18, 2005 1:27 PM
To the block, use the dip stick tube bolt, it should be a 12 or 14 mm bolt . I forgot where i used the tranny bolt.

Fact 1:

This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence
structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme.These elements are natural
to my process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Fact 2:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Friday, February 18, 2005 3:25 PM
I made my own as well. Went from battery to stock mounting point, then to the throttle body and then to the motor mount (so it could be hidden).

Friday, February 18, 2005 3:43 PM
Well there is no pint on the TB for the 2200, since it connects to a plastis Intake manifold.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Friday, February 18, 2005 3:48 PM
He's got a 97 2.2. The intake manifold is made of aluminum. I'm not that friggin dumb.

Friday, February 18, 2005 9:53 PM
Zach, I had my engine out during the rebuild, but yes just back out one bolt, or the nut off one of the studsand tighten it back down.
Lawmowerracer, as for those who have the plastic manifolds, just get a piece of 12gauge wire and soldier couple of ring connectors on the ends. Just mount the connectors under a screw that has contact with the TB and the other end to any screw with cotact with the block or head. You could probably use even smaller gauge wire since there's no great load going through the TB.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search