cosmo racing comments? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cosmo racing comments?
Saturday, February 19, 2005 11:42 PM
looking at the ecotec cav cosmo racing short ram intake...

anyone care to shed some insight on it? Did it have all the parts? did the IAT fit correctly? was installition good? does the hood close correctly? how does it sound? gains? qualitity?

thanks

Re: cosmo racing comments?
Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:10 PM
bump, i'm interested.
Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:12 PM
i have it for my 2.4 98 and everything was there. works great, id order from them again
Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:50 PM
1.It came with all the parts required
2.Correct fitment seems to be luck of the draw. I've seen some people where it fit right in no problems,others used lubrication,but personally I had to drill the hole out a bit to get it in there but it was no big deal.
3.Installation was pretty straightforward.
4.Mine rubs against the heat shield on the hood a little bit but that can be adjusted but all its done is rub a couple of lines into the shield.
5.The sound is amazing compared to stock.My dad and I both agree that it makes the car sound pretty damned mean considering its a 4 cylinder. I decided not to buy an exhaust for awhile because I dont want one that drowns out the sound of the intake.
6.As for gains,you're not going to get much out of an intake. My assumption is something like 2-5hp,or maybe nothing at all but the car does feel a bit more responsive and the acceleration and power do seem a bit better.
7.I think that its an excellent product and the quality is top notch. There are a few other members of BCJ that have the same intake and they all say the same thing. Its a great product for the price and you cant really go wrong with it.
Monday, February 21, 2005 8:33 AM
I just installed mine last Friday for the 2.4L...came with everything i need, IAT was a bit tight but i got it to work (just pushed like he!!)...I think it's a good product for the price. I'd buy from them again.

99CavyZ ~ Black ~ 5-Speed
"If It Bleeds For A Week Straight, How Come It Doesn't Die!?"

Monday, February 21, 2005 12:24 PM
brawn wrote:1.It came with all the parts required
2.Correct fitment seems to be luck of the draw. I've seen some people where it fit right in no problems,others used lubrication,but personally I had to drill the hole out a bit to get it in there but it was no big deal.
3.Installation was pretty straightforward.
4.Mine rubs against the heat shield on the hood a little bit but that can be adjusted but all its done is rub a couple of lines into the shield.
5.The sound is amazing compared to stock.My dad and I both agree that it makes the car sound pretty damned mean considering its a 4 cylinder. I decided not to buy an exhaust for awhile because I dont want one that drowns out the sound of the intake.
6.As for gains,you're not going to get much out of an intake. My assumption is something like 2-5hp,or maybe nothing at all but the car does feel a bit more responsive and the acceleration and power do seem a bit better.
7.I think that its an excellent product and the quality is top notch. There are a few other members of BCJ that have the same intake and they all say the same thing. Its a great product for the price and you cant really go wrong with it.

^^^^^ what he said

Monday, February 21, 2005 7:19 PM
asny comments for the ECOTEC MODEL ?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search