is quad 4 the same as 2.4 twin cam? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
is quad 4 the same as 2.4 twin cam?
Sunday, February 20, 2005 2:22 PM
i was just wondering, because on the cover one will say QUAD 4 then on the ld9 it will say 2.4 TWIN CAM. are they still the same engine? or are there some differences,

Re: is quad 4 the same as 2.4 twin cam?
Sunday, February 20, 2005 2:27 PM
No, the 2.4L is not a Quad 4, most of the Quad 4's were 2.3L engines, and look incredibly similar, but are very different.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:07 PM
Shifted (KickAzz) wrote:No, the 2.4L is not a Quad 4, most of the Quad 4's were 2.3L engines, and look incredibly similar, but are very different.

incorrect, the ld9 is still classified in the Quad 4 Family of GM motors. as well as interchangeable parts.

for more information and tech with any Quad 4 or Twin Cam motor, go to www.quad4forums.com i have spent many hours over there with tech on my Quad 4 w41 that is in my cavalier and they are all nice guys. hope that helps.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:09 PM
KC Absolute Performance wrote:
Shifted (KickAzz) wrote:No, the 2.4L is not a Quad 4, most of the Quad 4's were 2.3L engines, and look incredibly similar, but are very different.

incorrect, the ld9 is still classified in the Quad 4 Family of GM motors. as well as interchangeable parts.

for more information and tech with any Quad 4 or Twin Cam motor, go to www.quad4forums.com i have spent many hours over there with tech on my Quad 4 w41 that is in my cavalier and they are all nice guys. hope that helps.

Its really not a Quad4, the Quad4 ended with OBD-1. I'd put money on it, if I had any money anyway

Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:48 PM
Put it like this. The Twin Cam is a more refined Quad-4.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:58 PM
the TC is a derivative of the quad 4s, GM still classified the LD9 as a quad 4 but changed the name as a marketing attempt to get away from the bad image the older quads had, the 1995 LD2 is a cross over motor, it shares alot of things that the LD9 has, for example the power steering was no longer driven off that massive pulley on the intake cam like the older quads had, but it was driven like the LD9's power steering is, this is why the 95 intake cam is used for the SCS. So yes the LD9 is basicly a quad 4, but as stated already it was "refined".

And about all quad 4s being obd1 for some reason i want to say that 95 at some point was obdII

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Sunday, February 20, 2005 6:44 PM
Shifted, ^^^^he would take your money. My quad 4 is on OBD2. The 2.4 is in the quad 4 family. Then name is derived from the head. 4 valves, 4 cylinders. There are lots of differences between the motors.

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, February 20, 2005 7:05 PM
So you are saying that the Ecotec is also a Quad 4, just because it has 4 valves and 4 cylinders?

Sunday, February 20, 2005 7:48 PM
Shifted (KickAzz) wrote:So you are saying that the Ecotec is also a Quad 4, just because it has 4 valves and 4 cylinders?

it's not... but it could be considering the 2.4 TC gave way to the 2.2 DOHC eco... but it's not.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search