Ram vs. Cold air intake and design - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ram vs. Cold air intake and design
Sunday, February 20, 2005 2:38 PM
From my experience, cold air from under the front bumper has made a world of difference. The big question is, does the car benefit from direct air flow (which it now has), or does this air velocity hamper the TB's ability to open and close. Also, has anyone figured out a solid pipe that will fit down the gap between the engine block and the rad, without payin big bucks. Im using flexible plastic, and it consistantly tears from the air pressure.

Re: Ram vs. Cold air intake and design
Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:12 PM
i love my cold air intake:

it's an engine short ram for the Cavalier, hacked off after the bend where the black coupler is, and a short ram for a 92-95 Civic attached. fits right below the battery.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:28 PM
kris k wrote:From my experience, cold air from under the front bumper has made a world of difference. The big question is, does the car benefit from direct air flow (which it now has), or does this air velocity hamper the TB's ability to open and close. Also, has anyone figured out a solid pipe that will fit down the gap between the engine block and the rad, without payin big bucks. Im using flexible plastic, and it consistantly tears from the air pressure.

Are you using dryer vent piping or Flew pipe by spectra, because i use the flex pipe by spectra and it has never ripped or torn in any way yet, considering the plastic is thick enough i had to drill a hole for the IAT.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Sunday, February 20, 2005 10:26 PM
KC Absolute Performance wrote:i love my cold air intake:

it's an engine short ram for the Cavalier, hacked off after the bend where the black coupler is, and a short ram for a 92-95 Civic attached. fits right below the battery.

Is that on a 2200 engine?

New sig in the works
Sunday, February 20, 2005 10:46 PM
no its the 2.2 engine.......that is a sweet setup though man.
Monday, February 21, 2005 6:19 AM
it's a 95 2.2
that picture was taken after i did the intake, which was one of my first mods. i don't have the header, wires, rockers, or anything else i've done since then in that picture, just use it as an example. plus if you hack your intakes right you should end up with a hole already drilled with a gromet for your IAT sensor.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search