magnaflow - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
magnaflow
Friday, February 18, 2005 12:16 AM
I have made a few searches already regarding magnaflow exhausts but still have a few questions.

I will be installing header on my 05 cavalier along with a cat back from magnaflow. now i like the sound of a loud exhaust that sounds good. Am I better off with a single or dual exhaust and do you recommend replacing the cat with a high flow one at the same time?

Re: magnaflow
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:58 AM
I would just do single exhaust. I have a 99 cavy z-24 with a magnaflow muffler and it sounds good but my mechanic friend said that if I go with dual exhaust it will pop more than it does now on deceleration.I would change the cat while you are there. I want to do mine but couldn't find one. My mechanic looked at it and said that mine might already be high flow stock. But ya I would stick with the single exhaust.
Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:13 AM
i would agree. i have an 03 sport coupe and i believe the single exhaust from magna flow will fit right into the factory outlet in the bumper. i don't know if you have the sport coupe or not. but if you did i would go with the single cause it would probably look better. Unless you got the razzi body kit which i think is the one with the dual exhaust outlet on the rear bumper.

hey if you can do it, replace the header back. the exhaust will flow better because that cat restricts alot of the air = less power.

When changing gears in life, remember Find 'em, don't Grind 'em.
2003 Silver LS Sport Coupe 5-speed
Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:53 AM
yeah i also agree with 03 sport coupe, lets just say you get more performance out of single exhaust then you would dual. how big of piping do u have, you dont want to have too much back pressure and you dont wanna have to less of back pressure. i have magnaflow, 2.25" with no cat and a resinator with the weaponR header and i get a lot more power.
Saturday, February 19, 2005 10:14 AM
make sure you get a resonator for it magnaflow sounds like ass without one

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, February 19, 2005 2:24 PM
I have the ls sport but will be putting the exhaust on after my rk sport j-body kit goes on so I can go single or double, just wondering which was better. what size resonator is recommended?
Saturday, February 19, 2005 2:59 PM
whatever size pipe your exhaust is

Saturday, February 19, 2005 4:45 PM
let me clear the size question up, i meant length
Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:56 PM
rodimus is right...i have an Iperfromance exhaust (almost identical to the magnaflow/RK exhaust except its 2 1/2" not 2 1/4" but uses a magnaflow muffler) and it is VERY loud and sounds like crap...ive had it on for 3 days and ive already ordered a resonator for it.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Sunday, February 20, 2005 10:46 AM
they are about 14 inches

Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:49 PM
Thanks guys, will the resonator need to be welded in place or clamped?

Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:52 PM
welded clamps leak

Sunday, February 20, 2005 7:53 PM
damn, so rodimus, youre saying that a resonator should be clamped in, not welded? i just had mine put in yesterday and they welded it.

Sunday, February 20, 2005 7:55 PM
resonators should be welded

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:03 PM
a resonator will get rid of almost any of that "popping".. and you can fit a 18" stainless steel one from here.. and if you go with the 18" it will be 23" with the end pieces and you can just have the flanges welded onto the end and it will slid right into the space where the magnaflow extention piece is. sorry if that was a bit confusing.. i can show a picture if anyone wants

-- MyZcar

Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:05 PM
a resonator will get rid of almost any of that "popping".. and you can fit a 18" stainless steel one from here and if you go with the 18" it will be 23" with the end pieces and you can just have the flanges welded onto the end and it will slid right into the space where the magnaflow extention piece is. sorry if that was a bit confusing.. i can show a picture if anyone wants

-- MyZcar

Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:23 PM
I'm orderin me a resonator --------DUALIES 4 LIFE!

Monday, February 21, 2005 8:11 PM
Jeff-B I love the dual exhaust look, looks great. Nice Cav

-Robert
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search