MaxBore.com - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MaxBore.com
Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:16 AM
Well, I'm sending my TB off to MaxBore.com today. For $160 the guy opens the tb to 62mm and then port matches the back side.

Has anyone had this done? I'm going to send it anyway, but wanted to know reviews from anyone who have done this... I'll post before and after pics too...

Re: MaxBore.com
Thursday, February 17, 2005 7:15 AM
let me know how this goes. I will being doing this prolly before the bash and wanna take it to a good place.

Jim
Thursday, February 17, 2005 7:46 PM
there is a company on ebay that sells "butterfly bore" tb's. it opens at 69mm then goes down to 62 then opens up again. i think then last auction went for 170 and he will buy cores
Thursday, February 17, 2005 11:19 PM
i was told by him that he will not do any gm tbs, but he did refer me to another guy who would and he already had the core

Monday, February 21, 2005 9:13 PM
I talked to the guy at maxbore and he said nothing to me about not dealing with anything gm. The thing was, he couldn't bore the 95 to 98 2.2L throttle body and upper intake plenium only because it was "too big".
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:35 AM
wow that looks like a good deal, and his rates on group bores are even better. If this goes well im down for a group "boring" lol... anyways lemme know how it turns out...

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:10 AM
yes please let us know. i'm considering swapping to the 2200 head and IM

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:42 AM
Maxbore does not, in fact, do GM TBs.

He referred me to someone who does and he is doing it for $150. So yeah, save ten bucks and email bolton_horsepower@yahoo.com.

Hope everyone learns from my mistake! lol

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:53 AM
I am sending one to them (bolt-on HP) here soon. He quoted me at $135 shipped to my door for a 2200 TB and he makes a new plate too.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:53 AM
yup

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 1:53 PM
sweet

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search