Ecotec break in - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec break in
Monday, February 21, 2005 5:35 AM
How long shoud I expect to see top power gains? I don't beat my car at all, but, it does have 5800 miles on it. I was wondering this because I will eventually switch over to Mobli 1, But that prob. wont happen till about 15 k or so. And on a side note...
I LOVE THIS THING, IT HAS @!#$LOADS OF TOURQE! Also, What does this motor respond best to, as far as bolt on's go.... (Don't say turbo) CAn't afford one.. Yet.

My Sunfire

Re: Ecotec break in
Monday, February 21, 2005 7:42 AM
top power gains??? your not going to see any more power by breaking it in.
not sure on the respond to mods but just start with something. intake, header, exhaust system etc etc

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 21, 2005 9:02 AM
if its a 5 speeed get the B&M short throw shifter..... best mod hands down...

Monday, February 21, 2005 9:22 AM
importfightercavalier wrote:if its a 5 speeed get the B&M short throw shifter..... best mod hands down...

i dont know about the best
id go w/ and intake first
better gas mileage and better performance

Monday, February 21, 2005 10:46 AM
b&m shifter really makes the car more fun to drive. I'd neve go back to stock and when I drive another manual car I always hate having to lift my arm 1 or 2 inches more just to get to the stupidly high shift knob.

Monday, February 21, 2005 7:45 PM
b&m short shifter...hhmmm price tag on that baby?
Monday, February 21, 2005 7:46 PM
about 140 $ US AFAIK,
www.gravanatuning.com or www.carcustoms.net

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:47 AM
IIRC mine really didnt come alive till about 10,000 on the clock. Maybe its just me I dunno.

My 2k3 cavalier | Nebraska Region SCCA
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:16 AM
I Purchased my 04 Eco w/ 75 miles on it and right now I have installed a 2 1/4" Cat-back and a short ram, as of now it has about 8,500 miles on her and she runs great, seems that all air-flow parts work so we'll w/ the Eco motor

GO ECO GO!
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:13 PM
i can get the B&M short shifter in canada for 189$

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:13 PM
opps 199$

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:47 PM
I broke my car in for over 1000 miles. The book says 500, I went 1000 without goin over 65mph, but I am anal. I have a lower motor mount, intake and cat-back exhaust installed right now. My gas mileage got a lot better and the power difference was awesome. I have a header awaiting install, I will let you know how that feels.

Definitely get intake and exhaust as your first mods though.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 1:45 PM
2.4l intake off ebay,- roughly 50 bucks, nothing comes close to comparing price to hp gains.

5secondrule, there was a post somewhere on how to put a 2.4l intake on a ecotec, its very very simple anyway.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:13 PM
red04cavy wrote:I broke my car in for over 1000 miles. The book says 500, I went 1000 without goin over 65mph, but I am anal. I have a lower motor mount, intake and cat-back exhaust installed right now. My gas mileage got a lot better and the power difference was awesome. I have a header awaiting install, I will let you know how that feels.

Definitely get intake and exhaust as your first mods though.

uhm the owners manual says there is no real break in period

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search