water bypass valve?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
water bypass valve??
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:17 PM
just got my new aem intake for the ecotec!! thing is great. it is a full cold air intake, with the filter in the lower driverside of the fender.....im sure you know what im talking about as it is hard to describe. is it neccessary to get a water bypass valve to prevent the water from getting into the engine and killing it?? i dont nkow how protected it really is down there.

Lookin' Stock - For Now!

Re: water bypass valve??
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:46 PM
You don't need it unless you plan on driving through a three foot deep flood. The fender liner helps protect it so the only way water can really get up there is if you go into water up to the point of the filter.

I have drove through a few hurricanes and have gone through a car wash that shoots water up on to the under carriage and across the front bumper with no problems.

Re: water bypass valve??
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:13 AM
he's right, it depends on where you live. unless you happen to get your entire front end submerged into water you're not really going to need it. i've had my custom cold air for quite some time now, filter sits below the battery and as low as my car is, it ends up being about 5 inches off the ground and it never sees water. if you don't have to worry about water, then don't buy a bypass valve, they take power away anyways.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search