Direct replacement mufflers?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Direct replacement mufflers??
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 1:31 PM
Ok guys and gals... I shall start this with a funny story. My girlfiriends car (1997 Sunfire GT) broke down this past weekend on her way to my place, the flex pipe broke clean from the flange (I am sure this has happened to a lot of people on this forum)... so it was too loud to drive to my place, so she drove home and parked it, I went to her place to hear it, nearly hit my head on the roof when I heard it, I jumped so high..LOL Anyway. we got it fixed at midas, and now its all quiet again.. but she kinda misses the mean growl it had, well not toally misses it, but she wants a better sound. Remind you, she cares nothing about performace at all. So what I am looking for is direct replacement mufflers for her car that will simply go in easily (either clamped or welded) using the factory exhaust tubing. As far as I know, the drivers muffler is like a cross flow muffler (like the trans am) where theres an inlet and outlet on one end, and a single outlet on the other end, then a pipe going from the one outlet to the inlet on the passenger muffler. I suppose a firebird style muffler will work if thats the case.. but is it direct fit? Does anyone have any idea where to get direct fit "performance" mufflers for the j-body dual setup?

If i have to go the firebird muffler setup, I may replace the other muffler with a piece of pipe and matching tip.

Give me your input guys... I don't have the car to look at right now.. but I'd like to come up with a game plan.

Re: Direct replacement mufflers??
Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:28 AM
go buy a $20 Turbo Muffler from Oreily's... they look stock but flow well.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Re: Direct replacement mufflers??
Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:33 AM
I like cherry bomb turbo supreme, dynomax super turbo's are nice.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search