E-manage w/ Ecotec - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
E-manage w/ Ecotec
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:24 PM
Hey guys i am about to order the emanage for the cavi and i was wondering if anybody has ever installed one on the ecotec motor. It would be great if i can get a pin out or something. Thanks alot guys. And also i added some pics to my car domain page so check it out and tell me what you think. Thanks guys

cardomain click here

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!

Re: E-manage w/ Ecotec
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:48 PM
If your looking for a wire diagram to how to install the Greddy e-manage, you can thank the NY Jbodies. Go here: <a href="http://www.ny-jbodies.org/forums/library.asp">NY J-Body Library. Go there and click on the Greddy e-manage installation instructions.

Good luck!

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:49 PM
By the way, I used the same instructions to install my SAFC. Also, remember, you need a Tach Adapter otherwise it will see half of the RPMs your actually producing.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:51 PM
hey thanks alot that is what i was looking for. Now why do i need to get a tach adapter if i will still be using the factory tach?

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:33 PM
because the signal sent off the coils (which there are two of) will only read the rpm of half the total and i'm honestly unsure as to how the tach signal is read by the stock tach

a tach driver/adaptor (MSD #8913) only runs like 60 or so bucks off of summit

it's very similar to installing an rpm window switch, you tap into one of the two coils (pink wire) and you only get a half reading which produces problems

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:34 PM
and yeah, i'm sure the emanage or the safc needs tach signal and if you only give it half a signal it won't like you....

maybe adam can elaborate some more...

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:01 AM
Well the SAFC works fine it's just that the guy who dynoed and tuned the car just had to estimate half of the actual rpms to set the amount of fuel. I should get a tach adapter soon but working on a couple things right now.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:01 AM
Well the SAFC works fine it's just that the guy who dynoed and tuned the car just had to estimate half of the actual rpms to set the amount of fuel. I should get a tach adapter soon but working on a couple things right now.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 1:36 PM
I'd say it's either not hooked up right, or your settings are messed up. My SAFC displays the correct RPMs without a tach adapter or anything like that.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 2:50 PM
What wire did you use for the tach signal. I know like when ever my car has been on the dyno they use the pink or purple wire that runs to the ignition module and it reads correct. I would think that it is the same principal but i have been wrong before

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search