i need performance? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i need performance?
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:18 PM
i have a full system pacesetter exhaust, lower and upper engine mounts,pos matrix short ram air intake, some drilled and slotted rotors and about 700$ to spend.
does anybody know what i should do next im thinking about turbo i need the kit for under 1500 anyone nowhere to get one. i have 100k miles should i be thinking about internals.

Re: i need performance?
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:39 PM
if you want to boost i would start thinking about internals. whether you want to go forged and run boost or just do a stock rebuild and run 8 pounds, it's up to you.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:56 PM
what are you running at the track with those mods
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:04 PM
start on internals. i think forged Eagle rods and new pistons come to around $700 on some sites

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:21 AM
yup, my recommendation would be 9:1 compression forged pistons, and rods.

here is a link for NOPI e-cat on forged eagle rods
here is a link to wiseco's catalog. they have 9:1 forged piston kit for the LD9, part # is K584M90 for stock bore. the part number for boring .20 over is below it.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 2:45 PM
i dont have any time im only 14 i was thinking about buying a 2.4 from a junkyard and rebuilding it on stand then dropping it in when it was done so for now how about mods that dont require rebuilding the engine besides cams.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:07 PM
i think cams would be the next logical step. and would run around $700. aside from that i'd say to go with peicing together fuel mods MSD pump, psi regulator, injectors, exct. for your up and comming boost project.

or you could blow it on an intake manifold.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:01 AM
if you plan on going turbo you better work the inside first. With 100,000 you're asking something to break. Then the next thing you know you can't run the car cause the turbo blew it up. Then you definitely have to tear the engine apart.

Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:32 AM
if you are boosting, it's either all or nothing man. that's how i look at it. you can do a bolt-on turbo system and run 6 pounds safely forever, but it's not going to be really... THAT fast for a turbo car.

OR you can start byilding the motor, which allows for more boost, but more boost means more fuel. you also need then upgrading intercooler and intercooler piping, larger exhaust piping, blah blah. more fuel needs control so you need tuning. then you realize you need drivetrain work because stock drivetrain is not meant to handle it. oh and you might still after that want your car to look good too lol. it turns from $3k to $10k really... really quick.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search