Head before and after pictures - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Head before and after pictures
Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:45 PM
Well back in early october of 04 I warped the head after overheating the car and ended up without a car

instead of taking the loser way out and just having the head machined flat and reinstall it, I decided to go a little bit further and get a full port & polish

I was initially going to get a whole new head that was already ported and polished, but decided to goto a local shop instead... A&H Engine Dynamic in Wall twp. NJ, and they did a spectacular job cleaning up the head and doing the performance stuff I wanted.

here's pictures of the head right after it came off the car... date: October 31st, 2004

After a long time of sourcing parts and scraping the money together... my labor of love is complete...

Re: Head before and after pictures
Saturday, February 26, 2005 6:06 PM
Awesome job!
Saturday, February 26, 2005 7:07 PM
Nice but ummm what is the quarter for?
Saturday, February 26, 2005 7:57 PM
How much does P&P run anyways? Maybe a P&P will get rid of my damn valve knock that i get at start up...

Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:35 PM
Quote:

Bill Rose
Yesterday 10:07 PM

Nice but ummm what is the quarter for?

thats how much money I have left after paying for it all

Quote:

C R J
Yesterday 10:57 PM

How much does P&P run anyways? Maybe a P&P will get rid of my damn valve knock that i get at start up...

Well I actually forgot to thank a few people for helping me out with this project...

Karo from Car Customs
The guys at Jbody Performance
they hooked me up hardcore with their valvetrain components

The P&P with all the valvetrain stuff I bought cost me a lil over $1000 believe it or not. The machine shop I went to builds race engines and had to clean up the seats for the springs a little in order to get pressures to be acceptable and a lot of other stuff too... basically a lot of work involved. It was an aggressive port and polish with a 5 angle valve job.

Basically I told them to go to town on the head... I had some twin cam ass to kick *JBO

a mild port should be a lot cheaper

Sunday, February 27, 2005 1:57 PM
C R J wrote:How much does P&P run anyways? Maybe a P&P will get rid of my damn valve knock that i get at start up...

porting your head will not get rid of valve tap. thats either worn lifters or other worn components...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search