Header Confusion- Make my headache go away! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Header Confusion- Make my headache go away!
Monday, February 28, 2005 1:57 PM
Ok im looking for a header for an EcoTec engine: I know the following:
1. Weapon R makes one
2. Pacesetter also makes one

Now my real questions. Im looking at gravana's site. Which headers are for the EcoTec? When you choose your car is the Eco tec the 2.2 16v or just the 2.2?
And could someone please explain to me the differnce between torque and horsepower. Cuz i know the 4-2-1 header will give me more torque, as the 4-1 will give me more high end RPM horse power. But we are driving cavaliers, so there really isnt much high end power correct?

Re: Header Confusion- Make my headache go away!
Monday, February 28, 2005 2:03 PM
the eco tec is a dohc 16 valve motor

the 2.2 or 2200 ohv is a 8 vavle motor

Monday, February 28, 2005 5:26 PM
the weapon r is a pain in the butt to install. where the tubes come up is right in front of the bolts to the head. so you cannot use a ratchet. and there is not enough room under the bolt to put a closed end wrench on. so you have to use an open and wrench and you only have enough room to move 1/4 turn each time.
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:30 PM
Go with PACESETTER Ceramic Coated U'll love it
I have one on my 2.4lt and I love it even U have an Ecotec I'm sure U will still see the same results.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:21 AM
weapon r man, weapon R.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 2:13 PM
Which one do u think will give me the most power?

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 2:39 PM
depends on the given day , since no one has done a shoot out compairning them

also it would have to be done out of the car and in a engine dyno room , in order to keep the variables close to the same for each pull

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:36 PM
Ok say i go with pacesetter, and a magnaflow cat...i havea 2.5' Borla muffler....do you think i would need a resonator? Would it real raspy?

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:49 AM
Weapon-R will give you a better flow cause it breaks down the exhaust better because it's 4-2-1.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:28 AM
^^^^^^ don't know why exactly but that seems flawed

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:03 PM
NJs Honda Killa wrote:Weapon-R will give you a better flow cause it breaks down the exhaust better because it's 4-2-1.

Adam I went to the place that re piped from my cat back....and they said they wont even install it. Too much of a problem. Then i mentioned a hi flow cat...and they laughed. Said theres no such thing. They are all the same. Made by the same company. Theres no such thing as a higher flowing cat! ARGH!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:08 PM
High flow cat are debateable. A lot of people outside JBO will say there is no such thing as a high flow cat and other will say otherwise. Just take it somewhere at tell you you just want to replace you Cat.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:07 PM
don't hi-flow cats do just that, increase flow ? now why would anyone say there is no such thing ? Now I'm the one confused.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:13 PM
DanteMustDie wrote:don't hi-flow cats do just that, increase flow ? now why would anyone say there is no such thing ? Now I'm the one confused.

Because all Cats must be compliant with EPA and all that good stuff. So their all the same material in the inside. The only thing is that they have the openings bigger and shine it up real good. -What i recently found out. So the bigger opening is what makes it a "Higher" flowing cat.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search