magnaflow cat converter - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
magnaflow cat converter
Sunday, February 27, 2005 12:44 PM
does anybody have any experience with these on a cavalier? i have an 05 cav that i am looking at putting one on but am unsure whether the fit or not and their quality?

Re: magnaflow cat converter
Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:38 PM
they fit i have one, ive had it on for about a year now and the finish is still nice and shiny, minus a few rock chips and such, i am pleased with it but, i get a "catalytic converter inefficiency" code with it.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:47 PM
whats the point? why is it better than the stock cat?

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:54 PM
size matters. Don't believe the lies your girlfriend told you.

The stock cat size is less than 2" if I recall correctly.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:56 PM
The exhaust flow is increased.

I have one and no codes or anything, very pleased.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:13 PM
Magnaflow is a very high flowing cat. However, the 05 stock cat already has decent flow. A muffler change would probably help more. The CFM rule for no power loss is your horsepower times 2.2 For example,140 hp. x 2.2 =308.CFM
Gm has pretty decent cats. There has been no increases in the corvette with aftermarket high flow cats over the stock corvette cat. ( late model)
Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:59 PM
The corvette cat is probably the same size as the rest of the exhaust. If you get a 'highflow' cat that is the same size as the rest of the exhaust there will be a flow increase.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:24 PM
the stock cav/fire exhaust piping is 1.47inches for the inside diameter, 1.62 for outside diameter, so roughly its 1 1/2 inch pipe. you would get a magnaflow if you are doing an exhaust system. and if you plan on doing a cat-back, its just a few more dollars for the cat. i have magnaflows cat part number 91035 and it works great...sorta. if you have a header on your car, you need to get part number 94035- its the same as the 91035, but three inches longer, this way, some of the stuff inside will melt, but you will be left with enough to do its job

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Monday, February 28, 2005 7:38 PM
I have a header going in along with a magnaflow catback and figured I'd replace the cat as well. I just needed to know which one will fit.

thanks again
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:18 AM
pacrossbow wrote:I have a header going in along with a magnaflow catback and figured I'd replace the cat as well. I just needed to know which one will fit.

thanks again

2.25" cat and you are good.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:26 AM
What length and does it matter the shape? Magnaflow also makes mirror polished ones, any good and do they have a sensor?

Thanks again guys

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:36 AM
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:44 AM
no...! your group buy is probly why my cat was on b/o....

:-(

fart

:-)

Matt

Quote:

What day is it again?.... I don't sleep enough.....

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 11:32 AM
what series magnaflow is this?
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 11:34 AM
ignore the above post wrong post, sorry
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:59 PM
what legth is the factory cat?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search