quick question... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick question...
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:01 PM
i installed my obx header in my 2200 sunfire and the check engine light is on. can i just unplug the battery for a while so the ecu can reprogram itself or will the light always be on. it kinda annoys me.

Re: quick question...
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:56 PM
did you plug the o2 sensor back? Thats probably why the check engine light is on.

if you unplug the battery, the cel will be off for a little while, but it'll go back on. if you dont know why it is on, go get it scanned. Then you can figure out whats wrong.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:12 PM
yeah.. that sounds like no 02 sensor is plugged in. it tells yrou car if it's running to rich or lean out the exhaust. Some headers dont have a port for your stock 02 sensor. I would check that first.. if that's not the case.. then I dunno whut it could be. like crackajax said then you'll have toe run a diagnostic scan on the system to see which of the codes it tripped.

Good luck!

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:15 PM
well do u know if the onx header has that specific place for the 02 sensor to be plugged in. I had it done at an exhaust shop so I can see and ask them.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:30 PM
honestly i don't know, I would contact OBX and ask them. then go from there to the body shop. Like i said some headers dont come w/ the O2 sensor input holes pre tapped. You might have to have them tap a hole and install it. But the odds are that could be the prob. My friend had his DC sports header on his Del SOl installed at a shop, and they didn't plug in the O2.. it didnt have a hole, they just neglected to mention this to him.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:41 PM
has anyone with an obx header had this problem remember i have the 2200 1999 sunfire. anyone with this header tell me if u had this problem and how u got it fixed.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:24 PM
Eric Prospero wrote:well do u know if the onx header has that specific place for the 02 sensor to be plugged in. I had it done at an exhaust shop so I can see and ask them.

Let me get this straight. You payed money to some shop to install it for you, they @!#$ it up, and you're wasting your time, asking us for help? I know what I would do in your situation.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:04 AM
when i installed my OBX header i got a CEL and everything was right... i quickly realized that my IAT sensor wasn't plugged back in. lol check that while you are at it

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search