k&n typhoon intake? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
k&n typhoon intake?
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:38 PM
anyone got one for their ecotec? hope its good, i just ordered one from gravanatuning.com, i'll let everyone know how it works out

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)

Re: k&n typhoon intake?
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:10 PM
I heard they are pretty good, lemme know especially and if they're good I'll b the next 2 get one man

if it ain't broke...MAKE IT GO FASTER
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:03 PM
never heard of this ill have to check it out

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:24 PM
its pretty much xactly like the rksport intake just in blue lol
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 2:17 PM
hmmm, I think the typhoon also looks a little better than the RK WAI

if it ain't broke...MAKE IT GO FASTER
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:27 PM
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:07 PM
5secondrule wrote:all i have to say is:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JliksF7XLzZ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=224650&I=513694510B

Thats for the Eco?!?! They only say for 2000 and up 2.2 and as we all know the Eco didn't come until later 2002 models.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:40 PM

here a pic

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:53 PM
it doesnt look like a bad piece

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:04 AM
The only thing I can realy say is aluminum pipe! thats it. EBAY go there 20 dollars and I have super alluminum turbo intake GOD ok there I feel better.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:16 AM
you are actually better off buying a cai. Not a wai. cai will actually give you better performance. wai is mainly for ram-air hoods.

dan

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 1:27 PM
dubduce18s wrote:you are actually better off buying a cai. Not a wai. cai will actually give you better performance. wai is mainly for ram-air hoods.

dan

I would think thak if you were driving down the road at 50-60 mph, I'mw willing to bet there's some "cold air" in there.

My Sunfire
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 3:22 PM
^^ true ... but i was speaking in general. No mater what speed you are going.

dan

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:50 PM
It looks exactly like the RKSport WAI.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:09 PM
dubduce18s wrote:you are actually better off buying a cai. Not a wai. cai will actually give you better performance. wai is mainly for ram-air hoods.

dan

prove it
you cant
oh well

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:44 PM
rember kids take filter add aluminum speend 200 dollars and vuahhal a pipe!

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Monday, February 28, 2005 7:21 PM
yeah, but at the time noone made a knock off intake for the ecotec, but anyways, the intake is on, throttle response is a lot better, theres a little more power, im satisfied with it.........i give it a 8 out of 10 overall, everything was there, easy to put in, great directions, but 2 of the hose clamps were too small and i had to use my stock ones, but other than that, it was a great insatll.................................................if only my new seats were so easy

Hail Satan

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:16 AM
imo, if you pay over $50 for some piping and a filter you're retarded.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:38 AM
BoltZ22 wrote:imo, if you pay over $50 for some piping and a filter you're retarded.

get warrenty on your 50.00 crap , hmmm

i have AEM on my 2.4 and will continue to support them , the intake tube that wa brand new in the box had a dent in the bend , i took pics and emailed them to AEM , and they sent me out a new tube , and let me keep the dented tube , which ill use to make the WAI a CAI

you guys complain that parts cost to much , and we never have any support from companies with great products

then you all complain about prices , and complain when you have problems , about your cheap products

you get what you pay for !!!!!!!!!!

and its cheap ass thoughts like that , that keeps companies from offer us products

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:11 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]
BoltZ22 wrote:imo, if you pay over $50 for some piping and a filter you're retarded.

get warrenty on your 50.00 crap , hmmm

i have AEM on my 2.4 and will continue to support them , the intake tube that wa brand new in the box had a dent in the bend , i took pics and emailed them to AEM , and they sent me out a new tube , and let me keep the dented tube , which ill use to make the WAI a CAI

you guys complain that parts cost to much , and we never have any support from companies with great products

then you all complain about prices , and complain when you have problems , about your cheap products

you get what you pay for !!!!!!!!!!

and its cheap ass thoughts like that , that keeps companies from offer us products

oh no no warranty. what will i ever do. i was just saying that your ripping yourself off if you pay $200 like some people do. i only paid $50 for my weapon-r dragon intake and i still feel like i was ripped off on the price. honestly when all it is is some piping and a filter what out of that should make it so damn expensive.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:03 AM
its so expensive because noone buys it because everyone bitches about prices, then bitches because noone makes parts........well noone makes parts because nobody will buy parts, the company has to make a profit, and until they cover their research and development costs, the intake will be expensive.......and i have yet to see a very nice homade intake, and at the time there were no ebay knockoffs so, i was kinda stuck with having to buy a name brand

Hail Satan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search