wow after obx headers - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wow after obx headers
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 2:38 PM
damn I installed my obx headers and with some headeaches finally it is put on correctly and all i can say is that i am very happy with this product. my cart is an auto and it pulls way way harder..... I can honestly feel my car is opened up more. i have the 2200 sunfire auto. u do not need the flexpipe with this header becasue it is made to uphold the stress. I strongly suggest that u get motor mounts for the headers though cuz if not ur in for a lot of @!#$ later. I just bought mine from karo and will be putting them on when they get here. After i put them on i will post to see if they will make the difference woth the headers. The only bad thing about the headers is that my car is running leaner so I kill a @!#$ load of gas but hey my car is an auto so i need all the help i can get... just something to input for y all that are looking for a header.

Re: wow after obx headers
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:10 PM
leaner means you have too much air for not enough fuel, you meant you're running richer.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:10 PM
^^^if that is possible from installing a header

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:00 PM
you sure you put o2 sensor back in the header maybe thats causing the problem

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:54 PM
its most likely you are just putting your foot down more

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:57 PM
and its header
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:02 PM
LOL yeah it's a header but still.. LOL if can cause more harm than good on an aftermarket exhaust sometimes when you're not supporting the fuel that's needed in the motor for the correct A/F ration for combustion to create that added HP. I recently got a Pacesetter header, but i'm waiting to have ti put on till i get my dual exhaust when my taxes come in... on a Z24 w/ Dual 2 1/4" piping, high flow cat , Header & intake.. Im actually expecting it to improove HP.. but i need to do a Fuel upgrade ASAP to support it all. So I'll more than likely be doing that next. LOL I wanted a OBX header.. but it seems pointless to buy a header for a car you knwo you're going to turbo LOL.. i stumbled across this header for $25 so i thought eh, why not till i get my turbo in a few years or sooner. Headers are great for Naturally aspirated.. but if you plan on boosting it's pretty much as waste of $$.. it's like beer, you dont "Buy" it.. you "rent" it w/ as much as you piss it out. LOL

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:23 PM
humm about the part when you said you dont need a flex pipe because it is ment to take the stress... i dont think it will last... its where the header meets the head where your going to have problems from the engine wanting to move....

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:42 AM
obx header comes with a ball like joint (what ever it's called) where the two pipes together are meant to move a little.

2004 Nissan Maxima SE w/ Elite Pkg
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Sport Pkg
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:17 AM
I hate my OBX header. Rubs on my transmission in 2 places.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:01 AM
i think your overkilling the effect of the headers. Butt dynos arent very accurate and most of the time its just a placebo effect. I wouldnt be suprised if you lost HP, ive seen it happen to 2200 owners with more mods than you.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77

Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:39 PM
yah im sure they installed my 02 sensor becasue i have my own diagnostic tester and it said my exhaust is running leaner. thats what the sensor reads isnt it.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:49 PM
Your reading off the stock signal wire from the o2 and you can't really read off of that because it's not accurate.Your using more gas because it's just that you have your foot on the pedal too much and having to much fun and joy.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:01 PM
got it thanks
Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:30 PM
Colin Gee wrote:Your reading off the stock signal wire from the o2 and you can't really read off of that because it's not accurate.Your using more gas because it's just that you have your foot on the pedal too much and having to much fun and joy.

^^ ROFL @ the truth surfacing ^^

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:34 AM
they are right, you can not rely on anything with a narrowband (such as diagnostic or an air / fuel ratio gauge) to tell you what your true fuel mixture is like. you need a wideband if you want to be positive. now i know i'm running rich because i have a turbo exhaust and my car isn't boosted yet. i'm running 2.5" all the way back, no cat. it's louder and raspier than @!#$ and i get bad gas milage, but the whole exhaust system is ready for boost when the project is done.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search