2.2 to 2.4 engine swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 to 2.4 engine swap
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:27 AM
now before you tell me to search i did and i couldnt find anything on this specific swap. i was just wondering what i will need to do this swap so that everything will work. I have a 98 cavy if that helps.

I once thounght about exercising but then I laid down until the thought went away

Re: 2.2 to 2.4 engine swap
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:23 AM
Well.. I was thinking of the same thing as well. few years back when i spun a bering in my motor of my 2200. I started looking around (I had an auto 2200) and found an engine w/ ECU but no tranny. It was gonan cost me around $1200. Then come to find out you need the ECU/wiring harness, fuel lines... ect to make the swap work. (or so i wa told) It fell through and i slapped another 2200 back in y '99 b/c of the fact that it was gonan take $5k to do the swap w/ performance parts. so i said screw it after the wrecking yard was goann screw me on the motor.. they sold the ecu & harness to someoen else W/O THE MOTOR! retards. I do know it's alot of work envolved and what not and if you haev an auto interior you'll need the new intrior as well from a Z b/c it's a 4 speed tranny not 3. Lots of little stuff is what makes it such a pain in the ass. But me having never tried.. I couldnt tell you honestly, just from whut i've heard. Right before i bought my '00 z24 I was gonan buy a used ECO motor and build the hell out of it outside the car.. then drop it in. to mount that is jsut as much work. they had a thread on it where someoen had done the ECO swap in thier 2.2. email me and i'll see if i can dig up any information on it for you, i cant right now at work. LOL

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:03 PM
what kind of headlights do you have in your car troll they look nice

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:03 AM
wikkymaster wrote:what kind of headlights do you have in your car troll they look nice

Oh those are just stock 2k headlights.. if you go to my car domain page you can see that I painted the housings on the headlights & corners black! wOOt But if you're refuring to my sig, those are my Street Glow headlight neons that i got from cardomain.com for about $30 they roxor huh? heheh people ask me about them all the time. you can see some really good pics of those too on my Car domain page

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/747496/1

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:56 AM
Hey troll, you have a pretty nice cavy, i was just wondering what your quarter mile times are and what performance mods you have.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search