Exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:16 AM
i want to put an exhaust on my car for the small perfomence gain, but i dont want it to be loud. I have most of the tools to make my own but im not sure how to go about. There is no emission testing were i live so i could remove the converter. You guys think all this would be possible. i don't want it to sound stock but almost just as quiet, since i travel alot and don't want the headach.

Re: Exhaust
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:48 AM
yes this is very obtainable.. tricky part will be the sound tho. Use a resinator in the exhaust as well as maybe a stock Cat.. if not then a high flow cat.. possibly a header to open things up more and it wont be so forcefull out the back. the choice mainly will rest on yoru choice of muffler(s) that you want. it will ultimatly carry the tone of the exhaust. the back pressure decides how loud or soft it will be. so if you go w/ a 2" exhaust piping w/ a resinator.. and a cat w/ a muffler that's to your liking. yes you should be able to get what you want.. even if you do like the sound of some muflers but they're too loud for you.. I know my Dragun fire Muffler comes w/ a Mute that you insert it into the muffler to quiet it down for that very reason.... b/c sometimes the muffler's not what you want ot hear for 5 hours on atrip LOL.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:51 AM
those muffler silencers distract from performance, it'll be the look of a performane exhaust without the sound or the performance gains. waste of money if you want it that quiet.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:57 AM
Well when you have in the silencer it is not for performance. You take them out when you need to or when you go to the track. That is good option to keep the noise noise down until you really need the performance gain. If you want that gain 100% of the time you may want to look into another muffler and in that case it would be a waste.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search