Resonator suggestions? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Resonator suggestions?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:50 PM
So I just finished my exhaust... I have a RKSport Magnaflow muffler, 2.25" piping, and a Magnaflow high flow cat. I'm running so resonator right now. I like the tone of the exhaust after it gets warmed up and I'm at low rpm... I HATE the sound when it's in high rpm. It sounds like crap, which anyone should expect with a cat-back and no resonator especially with a Magnaflow setup. It's nice and deep and what not at first and then it just gets really raspy when you open it up. I was looking at getting a cherry bomb as a glasspack and using that. I just want to clear up some of the raspiness and get a deeper tone. Some resonator should help. Any suggestions/comments are welcome. Later

Re: Resonator suggestions?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:52 PM
btw.. I'm also running a Weapon-R 4-2-1 Header... That should explain some of the raspiness...
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:02 PM
I ran a magnaflow muffler and it souned raspy. I went with one of those crome plated oval mufflers with the dual tip and it sounded deeper. Then I switched to a 2 1/4" down pipe to a 3" cat and 3" exhaust through two glass pack resonators. Now it's just crazy loud. I love it. True motor sound. Almost like straight pipes.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:36 PM
All I have is a resonator in back of my cat, and it sounds pretty mean. I've been meaning to get sound clips, might do that this weekend.

---

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:49 PM
Rksport just has a raspy sound period nothing you can really do about it unless you change the muffler itself to something else. I never really like that exhaust sound even with a resonator.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search