electric water pump - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
electric water pump
Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:35 AM
Has anyone replaced their water pump with an electric one? Or has anyone ran their water pump off an electric motor? Seems kind of interesting. Here is the link to the electric motor to drive a water pump. Its part MOR-63750 from summitracing.com This one isn't for our cars but does anyone make one for us?

"Fu'k displacement, I'd rather be blown."

Re: electric water pump
Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:52 AM
i dont think anyone has done this to J's.
the muscle car guys do this so they gain 20 hp

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:59 PM
i did it to a 02 ls1 trans am.

wow, the car was much snappier off the line.

its a nice mod. i havent seen one for the j's yet though.

keith-

207 hp cavy
18,000 so far

200 hp rsx type S
23,900 still stock

I love my car
Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:25 PM
i don't know about the other motors but on the ecotec it is almost impossible since the water pump runs of the same chain as the balance shafts.

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:08 PM
I asked this question months ago. Its not worth it, becuse it drains power, and will not do an effective job at cooling, and besides, you would still have to figure out how to run the hoses, and stuff.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:12 PM
Click here:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=277222&t=277084#277222

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:30 PM
Electric water pumps were designd with drag racing only in mind. They were never intended for street use. As was discused in the link Lawnmower racer posted. The pwer they drain is the electrical power, which isn't a problem in a drag race only car. On a street car they would not be worth the gains you would get, for the time, effort and money.

Friday, March 04, 2005 8:19 AM
Thanks for coping the thread. I don't think I would use an electric water pump... but rather the kit that uses an electric motor to spin the stock water pump. LIke the one I pasted up top. My mustang friends all do that mod because its cheap like $70 vs an electric water pump that $350 for a 50,000 hour pump. I doubt I'd drive my car more than 50,000 hours I figure I have about 15k left before something major breaks. But anyhow your right boostedeco I don't know how I'd get it to mount in. They don't give us much room around the belts either. I'm on a kick to free up hp from accessories ever since I cut the AC belt off my 87 Ram. Man does it rev faster and has a ton more pickup. It has a G54B 2.6 Conquest motor in it. Maybe I'll try this mod on it first and find out how much power I can get before tinkering with my cav. I couldn't think of anything else I can cut off my cav. Any suggestions?

"Fu'k displacement, I'd rather be blown."
Friday, March 04, 2005 2:46 PM
if your wanting to free up some horsepower get a light weight flywheel, and underdrive pullies. Also you could get rid of your ac and get a shorter belt. But other than that there is not much more you can do

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search