Header Question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Header Question
Friday, March 04, 2005 10:42 AM
I replaced my header with an OBX header. I have a '97 2.2 with a manual trans. My question is concerning the brace that goes between my engine and transmission. I had to take it off to remove the starter but now it does not fit back on. Is this piece neccasary or can I leave it off. I've been driving it for a day and haven't noticed anything, it's just better to be safe than sorry. Thanks.

Re: Header Question
Friday, March 04, 2005 10:50 AM
I have this exact same problem, took it off for the Pacesetter and can't get it back on.
I haven't seen it on the newer Getrags though.

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Friday, March 04, 2005 1:41 PM
i have an 02 base so i have the getrag. i had to remove this bar as well. been running about 7 or 8 months now and i'm fine

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Friday, March 04, 2005 1:58 PM
I remember some people just bending the support a little and still be able to use it.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Friday, March 04, 2005 2:09 PM
02 and I've been running without it for a good two years, no problems.

IIRC, it wasn't a support beam that got in the way, but the exhaust itself.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Friday, March 04, 2005 2:20 PM
Thanks. I thought about modifying the bar to make it fit, but if I don't need it I'll let it ride.
Friday, March 04, 2005 5:43 PM
There is really no point for it to be there. have had mine off for 4 years.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search