TB problem here - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TB problem here
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:18 PM
hey guys,

put a new bored out throttle body on today and i have a couple of problems. At first there was no code and I drove it a little bit and parked for a few hours, then went to start it up and the check engine light comes on and it idles funny like bounces up and down. Now Im thinkin it may be the vacuum lines but Im sure I hooked them back up correctly but maybe they are loose? I dunno, any suggestions?
thanks

Re: TB problem here
Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:30 AM
bumpity bump bump bump

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:27 AM
probly tps sensor or iac

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:02 AM
same thing happened to me. i replaced the IAC and TPS, didn't change anything. so i sent it back to the guy and he is fixing it and sending me a new one.

maybe you will be as fortunate...

gettin' organizized...

Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:48 AM
Who did the bore job? Any big name out there? Just curious? You can just use a first name instead of a company because I am having mine bored out and should get it back soon.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:53 AM
I was thinking that I don't want to know the person's name after all.
I was a little concerned when I decided to have the TB bored out something like that might happen. It is good to know that the people out there doing this will stand behind their work. I just hope my works okay that is all. Will let others know when I install it on Monday.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:21 AM
you should always check the quality of work before something get reinstalled. Maybe he gave you a faulty unit, or something worse.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:26 AM
quickBOOSTEDecotec wrote:probly tps sensor or iac

so are you saying these sensors are proly bad? cause they worked just fine before I changed it. Yea maybe the tb is the problem, Im gonna change back to the stock one today and see how it runs. If anyone has any other suggestions lemm know. thanks guys

Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:53 AM
Quote:

idles funny like bounces up and down

Now you said you had it bored out, right? Was the Butterfly replaced with a bigger one?

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:59 AM
yes a new tb plate was fabricated

Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:39 AM
Does it fit properly? Are there any large or odd shaped gaps around it? Are there any dirt, dust or metal shavings or polish residue around your sensors?

Fact 1:

true.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:08 AM
no it was pretty clean and the tb plate fits pretty well I cant see daylight through the thing when its closed

Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:58 PM
well, put the stock one back on and it runs like a top now, so obviously there is something wrong with the bored out one. Im gonna see if I cant get ahold of the guy who did it for me and see if he can do anything about it. thanks for the help everyone

Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:13 PM
I had the same problem with one i got off ebay. There is a vaccum hole right above the butterfly, and when they bored it out it opened up the vaccum channel all the down from above the butterfly to below it. I sent mine back and they filled it in and redrilled vaccum hole and i have not had a problem since. Look at your stock t.b. and your bored t.b. and see if that is the problem.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:17 PM
well the guy that did mine did fill that in, but it is uneven a little bit so maybe the butterfly isnt sitting just right and its leaking or something, I think I'm gonna try and sand the filler down some and try again next weekend. thanks for the suggestion.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:23 PM
i just got my tb from off line on wed so your saying i shouldn't be able to see light come past the butter fly plate?
Monday, March 07, 2005 1:25 AM
All you can do is put it on and see how well it works.
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:58 AM
you did remember to put the little orange O ring in the bored out TB right?
if you didnt it will run like @!#$
just funny how such a little peice can make or break the TB

Monday, March 07, 2005 4:06 PM
yea I had the lil o-ring in there, but I got to lookin at my bored tb today and the place where that hole is filled in is a little bit higher than the wall of the tb which I gues could open the butterfly a little bit so Im gonna file that down some and make it even then try again I'll let you guys know what happens.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:00 PM
I got my TB back tonight after having it bored out and didn't see any light coming thru the butterfly so that must be they way it should look. Got mine done by Bolton_horsepower@Yahoo.com
It looks great!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search