Finally ebay intake for eco - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally ebay intake for eco
Friday, February 25, 2005 11:16 AM
finally theres an eco intake is this the cheapest one around?Iam getting a new echo soon and i need an intake for it.

it http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7957697629&category=38634&sspagename=WDVW

darkblade j

Re: Finally ebay intake for eco
Friday, February 25, 2005 11:35 AM
your getting an echo? Is that the new engine they offer in the 05 models? I suggest to get a good intake not some cheap ebay one. Save up and get a AEM CAI for like 200 shipped. I have it and looks and performs great.

Friday, February 25, 2005 2:03 PM
its a metal pipe and in the case of the aem its half plastic ...not worth more than 50 bucks this guy is making the smart move

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, February 25, 2005 2:56 PM
there is a cheaper one from cosmo racing...although i have heard mixed reviews on it...something about a final version being realsed shortly
Friday, February 25, 2005 3:06 PM
this guy is making a wrong move, if thats the actual product it will not fit IMO

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, February 25, 2005 7:49 PM
quickBOOSTEDecotec wrote:...if thats the actual product it will not fit IMO

my ebay intake fit just fine for my 2.4 but after 3000 miles the weld on the mounting bracket broke. i'm perfectly happy with my more expensive but better quality, california CARB approved, AEM intake.

spend the extra money and buy a good one...

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, February 27, 2005 4:34 AM
You might as well just put a cone on the old intake tube from what that intake looks like. The AEM CAI for the eco looks, sounds and performs great. And Hopefully it will be CARB approved soon.

03 Cavalier LS
Ecotec 5 Speed
Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:37 PM
do u guys are saying don't even bother with the cheap intakes just spend the extra money now and get a good one??? and what would u recommend between the AEM CAI and the K&N Typhoon if the car is being driven in winter and I don't wanna change intakes twice every year?

if it ain't broke...MAKE IT GO FASTER
Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:19 PM
i have the rksport and i love it
the k&n is about the same

Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:11 PM
I've heard people complain about the dragon intakes but from what I've read they are a WAI like the rk and k & n, but have an optional "ram air" kit you can buy for like $50 that is essentially a hose that hooks up to the cone and sort of makes it a CAI, plus adds a ram air effect. It unhooks and seals off with a faceplate on front of car for when its raining, etc.

IMO a WAI is a WAI and a CAI is a CAI, sure you can get into the technicalities of the diameter of the pipe and the lengths and acoustical tuning, but in reality on our cars it may only be worth 1-2 HP.

03 Cavalier LS
Ecotec 5 Speed
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search