air/fuel gauge question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
air/fuel gauge question
Monday, March 07, 2005 4:49 PM
ok i bought an air fuel gauge and hooked it up.. it kinda resembles one of those led scanners?? goes 2 into the lean and 2 or 3 into the rich.. back and forth.. is this normal or not???

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass.. $1000 or best offer.. e-mail for more info

Re: air/fuel gauge question
Monday, March 07, 2005 4:52 PM
Yes it is, its known as sensor switching, and the computer is doing that so it can keep a good a/f ratio, the only time the gauge is accurate and readable is at WOT.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 07, 2005 5:39 PM
a wideband 02 is better at telling your A/F ratio. thats just an expensive light show you got

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:03 PM
You know what I did. I stuck mine on the passenger side so it gave the woman something to do!!!!!! LMAO I"m kiddin!!! But it is a good idea

Check my new cardomain site!!
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/537258
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:37 PM
but ok
how do i get it from acting liek a scaner.. or is that all its going to do??? i wanted one of these for so long, bought the one that i wanted.. and its a f'n scanner??? thats not cool

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass.. $1000 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:32 PM
Its supposed to do that. There is a company out there that modifies them so that the lights only come on at WOT.

But it is flickering back and forth because thats what the sensor is doing, the voltages are changing that fast and that often.

Monday, March 07, 2005 7:59 PM
a stock pcm narrowband keeps the o2 at a constant 14.7:1 afr. my advice if you want a tuning ability out of it, is an Innovative LM-1 wideband kit. I know of one FOR SALE for $300. retail is almost $400.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:14 PM
Quote:

a stock pcm narrowband keeps the o2 at a constant 14.7:1 afr.

Only in the normal closed loop operation, the other 3 loop types it doesn't even look at the primary O2 sensor. The only time you are in normal closed loop is when you are at a constant speed, otherwise you are in open loop due to acceleration or deceleration.

Monday, March 07, 2005 8:24 PM
ok.. so i take it that it is just going to be this way.. so be it.. i wasnt looking for tuneablity out of it.. i do plan to get a wide band o2 sensor setup, but strictly for tuneing... this was just more for looks..

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search