stupid exhaust has me thinking too much. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stupid exhaust has me thinking too much.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:36 AM
i've given this way too much thought, and i am thinking the best exhaust - best meaning as having the widest power band - is a true dual exhaust.

I'm thinking that having cylinders 1 & 3 on a long runner (10-12") header about 1.25" diameter following into a 1.75" exhaust pipe.

mainly i'm thinking that having 1&3 and 2&4 to never intersect would even out the pulses and allow more exhaust to flow but would have enough velocity to rev freely...

maybe is all the noob questions, maybe it's the cherry bombs, i'm going to sleep.

Re: stupid exhaust has me thinking too much.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:36 PM
all that for 1 hp.... wow... you ever heard of a turbo
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:49 PM
what goes in goes out. you eat and s***. there is a more efficient way of doing everything. would you run a turbo or supercharger with a stock exhaust? if yes, then you would gain more than one HP with a better design.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:54 AM
Hey I think its a good idea. Go for it. I for one applaud new ideas. Lemme know how I can help.

2006 Cobalt SS I/H/E ZZP S2 HPT 2.8/60's Etc...13.8@105(I need to learn how to launch)
Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:55 PM
chapter10 wrote:what goes in goes out. you eat and s***. there is a more efficient way of doing everything. would you run a turbo or supercharger with a stock exhaust? if yes, then you would gain more than one HP with a better design.

Bigger exhaust doesn't always mean better performance. Plenty of naturally aspirated wonder cars still run....STOCK EXHAUST :-)
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:23 AM
Also, how is the extra weight of this setup gonna effect your perfomance? Remember, 2 b pipes, 2 cats, 2 resonators, 2 mufflers, DOuble the amount of Hangers, bolts and welds.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:45 AM
how would a vortec charger affect performance. i know about power to weight and 100lbs. is supposed to change e.t. by 1/10 of a sec. two 1.75 pipes are hardly big. i better stop before someone tells me to put this into the boost forum.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search