WTf is going on - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTf is going on
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:03 PM
I own a 98 2.4 cav. i bought it with rebuilt engine, secret cams, port polish .010 overbore, new pistons rings,crank. problem is every once and a while when i dump the gas it boggs like hell at low rpms and then takes off like a rocket. what the hell is going on. i replaced all fuel components and i am still having this problem. it only happens once and a while. any suggestions????????????????????????????????????

Re: WTf is going on
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:12 PM
did you replace the injectors and when you did...did you run injector cleaner, becuase when i got my motor replaced the injectors sat out for about two weeks and cloged up.....also what plugs are you using?

racing a ford is like racing a fat kid.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:07 PM
yah i had the injectors cleaned. not sure on the plugs i think i through in ngk or nkg which ever they are
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:22 PM
Mine do that too sometime... and it is stock. Its doing that since i got it new.

Is right after you start it??

someone told me that it could be a small leak

but my car run fine most of the time.... it happen mostly when it's wet.

any input?

zouiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
-What's that noise?
-nutting, it's just my neighbour racing can (read civic).
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:23 PM
do you have an aftermarket cat? and are you throwing any codes(check engine light or ets off while driving)? also when did it start doing this and how often does it do it.......me it happened for about two days or so then it went away after driving the car for a while.............also make sure you don't have an exaughst leak by your cat and have a shop check your O2 sensor. if your don't have a cat do you know if the car has an O2 simulator? i'm guessing this is exuast related if not that then possibly fuel related, tell me everything you have done to the car, your regestry doesn't have anything in it.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:30 PM
mcbsunfgt does it sputter really bad like your miss firing one of the cylinders? my buick did it untill i switched out the boots(spark plug wires) and fixed a vacume line (which i think took in water when it rained...

let me geuss it sputters really bad after you hit a puddle

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:53 PM
i say sparkplugs
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:02 PM
most likely, or your boots.....water could be hitting an open ground when it rains or a hot wire cuasing the car to bog mcbsunfgt. this is what happened to me also check with a diagnostic port machine (i don't know the pfficial name of it) at auto zone for free and see if there is a history of codes in your cars computer.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:34 PM
the duration of the secret cams is big so its gonna dowg in the lower rpms unless you go boosted

just guessing
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:52 PM
my car did that too, but only when it is cold outside. im guessin it is something to do with ignition b/c when i put in new plugs it runs just fine. where do u live? and does it only do it in the winter or has it done this all along.

daily: 99 civic Si
deceased: 95 cavy '00 LD9 auto swap (vandalized)
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:48 AM
not to like post jack here or anything, but mine idles rough, and is boggy quite a bit. it did it right after i swapped to the HO manifold, and i got my cel read, and it is telling me:

P0300
Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire detected

P0108
MAP/BARO Circuite High Input (tells me that one twice on my sheet)

P0105
MAP/BARO Circuit Malfunction

I was hoping to get some input within the next couple of hours, sometimes i can, but if i can't, i was planning on going to check my plugs, and obviously i'm guessing i need to check how my map sensor is hooked up right now. if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:45 AM
no it doesnt throw any codes and it only does it every once and a while, i live in canda and it doesnt do it more in the winter. Gm replaced the ignition control module and the problem went away for about three months and then it came back but it rarely happens but when it does it sucks.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:01 AM
i should have said wet and cold... but it dose it even in the summertime.
Its a random problem. My car didnt trew a code since i got it and everything is stock execpt for my cold air intake and tb.

I dont think it's the sparkplug, it was doing it with less than 15000Km done.

I think i will look into that when i do my exhaust next month. you said the boot not the sparkplug?

zouiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
-What's that noise?
-nutting, it's just my neighbour racing can (read civic).
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:34 AM
boots, Tps, ....

The Lo cams don't have a long duration.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:21 PM
mine does this too... all I have is an intake. Only seems to happen when I jump on it from low rpm.... not like a bog from power, but a large hesitation... I can hear the intake sucking like a whore, but no forward momentum for a split second, then it kicks in suddenly and very violently.

it isn't the plugs; the car has done this as long as I've had it(even before the intake, but to a lesser extent), I replaced the plugs last year but nothing changed.

I'm throwing a code now, maybe when I get that read it'll give some awnsers.

"i promise we won't get drunk, and go out in boat in the dark, stand up in the boat and fire the gun into the air unless we have life jackets on."
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:27 PM
its the primary O2 sensor

Goodbye Bobby, May God grant you the peace you never found in life.
“Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: go f**k yourself.”
—Al Swearengen
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:18 PM
makes sense... I've suspected my oxygen sensor to be on the way out for a while.

"i promise we won't get drunk, and go out in boat in the dark, stand up in the boat and fire the gun into the air unless we have life jackets on."
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:29 PM
rely on crash he really knows what he is talking about, and who i get most of my answer from.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 1:33 AM
yah maybe, ill try and replace one day when i get time. thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search