Wideband 02 sensor on Ecotec....Codes - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wideband 02 sensor on Ecotec....Codes
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:03 PM
Well I thought that I could remove the stock sensor and use the wideband in its place to send out a signal to the stock ECU since the PLX claims being able to do that well I got heater circut failure codes and slow response and circut malfunction codes. I managed to fix the heater circut code by designing a resistor box but I'm still getting code 130 which is circut malfunction, it seems that the output back to the stock ECu actually uses 2 wires rather than just the purple one like everyone says. On the o2 sensor there is 4 wires , 2 white go to heater circut , black is ground and grey should be the signal back to the ecu and this is where I tapped the narrowband output on the PLX and its not working im still getting codes so I think Im just going to give up and put the stock one back in and just drill another hole and weld another bung in the header for the wideband

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: Wideband 02 sensor on Ecotec....Codes
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 4:03 AM
Seriously... dude... WTF is up with the ecotecs? They're worse than woman with no chocolate while on the rag.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:42 AM
Why did you wanna replace the factory one anyways.
Screw it just leave it in there.
How much did it cost you Rodimus, for the wide band and which brand?

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:19 AM
I got the PLX NTK one with teh 2 1/16 guage pod that reads the a/f it was like 420 shipped

I took out the factory one and had hoped to use the wideband in its place and send a narrroband signal back to the stock ecu to keep it happy so I wouldnt have to drill another hole in the header and weld a new bung in to add another 02 sensor but it seems like thats the only thing I can do now

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:51 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:Well I thought that I could remove the stock sensor and use the wideband in its place to send out a signal to the stock ECU since the PLX claims being able to do that well I got heater circut failure codes and slow response and circut malfunction codes. I managed to fix the heater circut code by designing a resistor box but I'm still getting code 130 which is circut malfunction, it seems that the output back to the stock ECu actually uses 2 wires rather than just the purple one like everyone says. On the o2 sensor there is 4 wires , 2 white go to heater circut , black is ground and grey should be the signal back to the ecu and this is where I tapped the narrowband output on the PLX and its not working im still getting codes so I think Im just going to give up and put the stock one back in and just drill another hole and weld another bung in the header for the wideband

I would not use the wideband for the ECU anyways. whay spend that kind of money on a wideband and use it everyday?? No need. Tune the car, and take it out, so it will last longer.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search