hp ?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hp ??
Sunday, March 06, 2005 4:26 AM
how much hp can i expect to get with an rsm ported and polished head ?
i already did the header and piping to 2.5

i have the qaud 4 motor

Re: hp ??
Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:24 AM
buy it and find out for yourself. Everyone is always looking for for how much horsepower they can get out an intake, exhaust, p+p head. You get what i'm saying. You need to do alot of work to make make good noticiable horsepower, not just adding something. You might gain a little but you would still need to do more to really notice.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:31 AM
you're going to lose hp and tq with that setup, I lost power with just a full 2.5 inch exhaust, well I gained 4 whp from putting my silencer in.

if you're running nitrous fine

but with a head and full 2.5 inch exhaust you need to raise your rev limit, I thought it woulda helped me but it didnt

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:27 PM
2.5 is way to big without boost....
Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:04 PM
2.25 is good for most 4cyl engines n/a

Monday, March 07, 2005 5:51 AM
dude! why are you porting a quad head? all you have to do is go out and buy a HighOutput quad head and slap it on and there ya go better flowing head...not to mention bigger injectors bigger valves bigger cams etc. if you really wanted a power gain just swap the whole head with manifolds from a yard or such and stick in one of mantas Ho chips and vola

Monday, March 07, 2005 12:36 PM
where can i find this highoutput head ?
and how much do u think i am looking at..
cdn $
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:07 PM
first off i dont know what the price would be canadian..but you need to look in yards for a 1990-1994 achieva scx grand am gt ..olds calais or a beretta gtz these came with a High Output quad4 ..180 Hp stock 190 on the w41...try to find a 89-92 ... the best flowing head was the one with the casting 086 on it.....u can find these on ebay some times...but if you look in the yard you may be able to get the intake and exhaust manifolds with it which would be GREAT..that head with a good port on the mani and an exhaust system maybe a 25+ hp gain ? but personally i would do alittle work to the head before you put it on since you already have it out then all youll need is the chip and your set

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:53 AM
that sounds much better then the rsm head, and it sounds like it is going to be alot cheaper to, nEthing from a junk yard is pretty cheap around here. so if i get all of the above ? it should just bolt right on ?
thanks for your help.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:45 AM
i did some looking around 2day. i found a few things, but most of them are for a quad 4 2.4 motor
mine is the 2.3
will this stuff still fit ?
becuz it is pretty cheap.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:33 PM
wich stuff you talk about???

2.3 wich year, and wich trim (ho, lo)

there is a lot of stuff for all quad motor

what do you want???

as someone smart said: speed cost money how can you afford to go???

zouiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
-What's that noise?
-nutting, it's just my neighbour racing can (read civic).

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:32 PM
to tell u the truth i dont know jack about my motor.. all i can tell u it is a 95 2.3L quad 4

plz feel free to fill me in on some info..
thanks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search