weapon r secret intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
weapon r secret intake
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:35 AM
I went to install one today and the bung where you put the oxygen sensor in is not deep enough. What i mean in other intakes its just one pipe with hole predrilled out for the sensor, but on the secret intake the design of that intake is different. It has several pipes inside of one another. they drilled through the main one but they didn't go through the other. So my sensor only goes in less than a 1/4 way in and it won't stay in. So do i need to drill through the other or what. Has anyone else had this problem.

Re: weapon r secret intake
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:26 PM
i had the same problem , but i just wrapped it in tape and jammed it in. Problem solved , and the temp hasnt gone over 195 degrees .

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:04 PM
IAT(Intake Air Temperature), not O2.... O2 is in the exhaust manifold/after cat.

"i promise we won't get drunk, and go out in boat in the dark, stand up in the boat and fire the gun into the air unless we have life jackets on."
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:20 PM
what is so "secret" about this intake??

dan
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:23 PM
yea i meant to say iat sensor but was thinking about another post when i was typing this one. hey JeRsEy KiD i can't do that it the sensor part still would stick out if i tried that. I am wondering if i drilled through the other part also if that would hurt.
Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:48 AM
Mine was drilled through both pipes already so I didn;t have any problems. I would just drill through the inner pipe and it should fit like a glove.
Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:27 AM
dubduce18s wrote:what is so "secret" about this intake??

dan

its a secret that they rip you off w/ a gimmick

Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:42 AM
yea mine was drilled through both pipes
but weapon r needs to redesign the pipe that attaches to the t-body it put a dent in my hood
and you can feel the difference between the dragon and the secret intakes seem to pull
harder @ 4200-5000 rpm but i also have the weapon r heat shield
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search