ground wire kit? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ground wire kit?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7959525474&category=33574

good buy or no? not sure if what they claim is true... only 10$....

Quote:

- this ground wire grounding system provides a much better ground electric current passage (lower electrical resistance) from battery negative to body frame, chassis, and engine components to stablize electrical revolutions

Re: ground wire kit?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:52 PM
oh and not to mention "5-8hp" gain lol??

Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:04 PM
YOu wont gain any Hp. Its proven.

Besides go to this link below:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=275925&t=185093#275925

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:07 PM
26.95 is alot... id just make one

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Sunday, March 06, 2005 4:12 PM
Hey,
I'm also wondering the same thing! Will it really give an overall better start up/ignition firing etc, or whatever?...Anyone done this mod? See a difference. I searched the thread and didn't find much information on whether anyone actually noticed a difference!

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Sunday, March 06, 2005 4:36 PM
i got 100' of 4 gauge plus 20 ends from a car audio store for under $75. i can make like 6 4 wire kits....you do the math
Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:10 PM
yes... but.... the question is has anyone noticed better ingition start ups, and brighter lights, and what not??.......

should i buy this ebay ground wire kit, worth getting?

Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:38 PM
well when i moved my battery to the trunk we used the equivilent of 0 or 00 gauge wire for the power and a couple pieces for the ground side. the car has started better ever since. havent paid much attention to light brightness though.

personally id make your own if you really want one

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:16 AM
Well start up was easier for my car, and lights were a bit brighter, but i did notice that my gauges seemed more accurate. Why? dont know.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:50 AM
sounds like you basicly just get a better ground..wich is alawsays good...

Guess ill do this mod when i do the pulleys in a few weeks....

Matt

Quote:

What day is it again?.... I don't sleep enough.....

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:05 AM
i guess ill do it when i move my battery

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:22 AM
I am a big fan of better grounds as I get the @!#$ shocked out of me every time I get out of the car. I don't know if bad ground sis the cause, but I'm sure as hell gonna try it. Gets a bit scary when you can see a little blue spark at night sometimes after long drives sliding back and forth in the seat. I'm gonna get what they call "Stinger extension wire" from my local "Rural King". I think it's something like .25 a foot for I think it was 2 or bigger... But whatever.
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:31 AM
yeah i get shocked like a @!#$ even through my winter jacket! can better ground wires really fix that?

-Jeff

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottle fed 2000 Z24
Cardomain
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:40 AM
Jeff M. wrote:yeah i get shocked like a @!#$ even through my winter jacket! can better ground wires really fix that?

i dunno jeff maybe...

i get shocked sometimes too though hope so..

Matt

Quote:

What day is it again?.... I don't sleep enough.....

Monday, March 07, 2005 1:44 PM
You getting shocked when you step out of your car is static electricity. Nothing to do with how good your grounds are.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:26 PM
Import tunner gained 1 hp on their push for 200whp N/A integra. at like 38,400rpms

It's just now cutting it's teeth.
Monday, March 07, 2005 10:35 PM
I remember in an older Import Tuner they did a 1st Gen DSM in the power pages. The grounding kit gave it like 5whp and 15lbs/ft of torque. I thought that was pretty damn good.

Larry wrote:Next time some dork revs his engine, just sit there smile, and when the light turns green blow his F#@*IN doors off. He will leave you alone after that.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:03 AM
Ya, I installed a similar thing on my car and I didnt notice any gain in hp, but my engine definately starts faster, headlights are DEFINATELY brighter, stereo is a bit clearer and ya I also noticed my gauges seem to be more accurate, they dont seem to bounce around as much. I would def recommend it if you care about any of those things but dont buy it if u want more hp. cuz u aint gonna get any from this.

P.S. Make u'r own outta 4 gauge, its way cheaper.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:24 PM
you dont have to buy that kit to help your grounds, just go to a nearby electronics store or audio center and get either 4 or 6 gauge wire, some splicers, and some end terminal rings. adding that kit just makes a bigger mess of wires and you don't want that look you want a clean look, by getting your own wire you can hide the wires from site and still get a better ground. to include replace your existing wires ex: alternator, tranny, block, battery, fuse box, etc. If I could figure out how to load pics on this damn page I would take some and show them.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:09 PM
good idea, thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search