DSM injectors fit, but it won't START! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DSM injectors fit, but it won't START!
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:04 AM
Ok guys well I am putting the 450cc DSM injectors on my 2002 eco and they fit, but the car will NOT fire.
I pulled the plugs out and they are drenched with fuel.
Is there a possibility that the spark plugs cannot fire because there is too much gas??
Damn, this crap again.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Re: DSM injectors fit, but it won't START!
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:09 AM
What is the gap on the plugs? What fuel pressure are you injecting at? That could very well be the issue..

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:25 AM
LOL

you flooded the motor

LOL

them injectors are way to farkin big , hahn uses 1's that are over 100cc's less for 8-10 psi

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:25 AM
and the base fuel pressure is 35 psi with them also

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:45 AM
Stock Eco fuel pressure which is about 50 psi and those injectors.
I pulled the spark plugs out and they are drenched like I said, so I just talked to a shop and they said I still need resistors(10 ohm) even running low impedance injectors on a high system because it is making the injectors stay open for way too long dumping all this gas in it.
So does anyone know what do I solder the resistor in power or ground??

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:48 AM
doesnt matter , cause the injector is a coil

and at 50 psi idle , and 60 with no vacuum , would make it super rich

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:05 PM
So, 97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™), do you think by soldering the resistors in there I will be able to run the injectors and have my car start up??
And you said it doesn't matter which wire I solder the restistor on, right?

I wanna run some god damn 13's at the track tinight so I need fast help.
Thanks guys.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:30 PM
You need to bring the fuel pressure down, a lot. Do you have anything to take fuel out, like an SAFC or anything?

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:36 PM
So shifted you don't think I need the resistors??
Ok screw these 450's I am going to try my 360's.
Damn this blows.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:40 PM
I don't think the resistors are the issue, I just think you are dumping way tooo much fuel in there. If you don't take it out somehow (adjustable FPR + SAFC), then you'll never get it to run. Even the 360's are probably going to be too much without pulling the pressure down to about 35 PSI, and even then it'll idle like a big block.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 1:27 PM
Well I got the 360's to idle but it sounds like it is missing, but then again it is not, because when I pulled the plugs on like a minute of idling those plugs got a black film over them.
It is running extremally rich now with the 360's.

I am going to try to take it for a spin, and drop the FMU from 12:1 to like 8:1 and see what is going on or is it going to lean out in boost.
So I am guessing the 450's were too much, and even 360's are.
So can a ECU throw a code for misfiring due to being so rich?
Cause I mean it sounds like it is missing.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 1:41 PM
It can throw a misfire code, but it can't speculate as to why (too rich).

Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:13 PM
SunCavi_L61T3/T04E wrote:Well I got the 360's to idle but it sounds like it is missing, but then again it is not, because when I pulled the plugs on like a minute of idling those plugs got a black film over them.
It is running extremally rich now with the 360's.

I am going to try to take it for a spin, and drop the FMU from 12:1 to like 8:1 and see what is going on or is it going to lean out in boost.
So I am guessing the 450's were too much, and even 360's are.
So can a ECU throw a code for misfiring due to being so rich?
Cause I mean it sounds like it is missing.

The missing is too much fuel. The Reaper does this at idle and we have the fuel pressure at 30, which is at smooth as we can get.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:57 PM
plus with the plugs getting washed like they were your gonna have to clear it out , running the motor at high rpm

my friend is having run issues with 32lbs injectors that are high ohm , and he is running a base fuel pressure of 30 psi

so you have to drop the base pressure more , and use something to control the fuel more

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:18 PM
Well managed to take it for a spin with a 8:1 disk in it and at 6 psi WOT and 5000 rpm in the 3rd EGT's were like 1180 and it wouldn't break 1200 for nothing.
And the EGT probe is in the manifold.
On idle ther EGT's are like 800. lol
Well went to the gas station and got some gas, came back home, and the car wouldn't start for anything.
Me and my boy crank it(fill it up with gas), and then we pull the injector main plug out to disconnect the injectors and man I had that thing idle for like 2 seconds with the injectors off that is how much gas was inthere.
It might have idled longer, but I didn't wanna dry run it.

So they will fit, but you have to control them.
So if I drop the Fuel PSI down to about 30 or so, I think abtou 8:1 disk should be fine to take care of boost, you guys still think it will sound like it is misfiring??

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:45 PM
that might correct some of it if not alot more of it

Friday, March 11, 2005 4:18 AM
What are the 360cc injectors from? What are the stock injectors rated at? Anything else in between those two would fit? I wouldn't mind getting something a little higher flowing than stock for my planned setup, but 360cc sounds way too much for me..

Friday, March 11, 2005 4:38 AM
how can ya expect to put injectors almost almost twice the size of the stock injectors in and expect to run the same fuel pressure? O_O bring that @!#$ down to 30 and try it out. dunno much about the eco but i did using the AFPR.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Friday, March 11, 2005 6:28 PM
My ford brown tops (37 lbs) were far too big for my LD9... I had to not only drop fuel pressure down to 35 psi but I had to use my S-AFC to pull out 35% of the fuel at idle just to stop it from running pig rich.

You need a way to control those injectors. That's the bottom line, both pressure and duty cycle.

Good luck.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, March 11, 2005 6:49 PM
are you having drivabilty problems with the factory injectors? Is your car too lean with the boost and your pulse width maxed out?

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Friday, March 11, 2005 7:32 PM
Yeah you need to drop your fuel pressure at idle way down. But you have a motor out of a 02 model year so you can't buy a AFPR. So you have to do like i'm doing and get a fuel rail off a 03 model year ecotec where you can buy a AFPR for a LT1 camaro and bolt it right up. I will also have the greddy e-manage to so i can turn my duty cycle down at idle for the 550cc injectors that i will be running. So i am going to guess that you didn't make it to the track yesterday? But good luck with it and hope yo get your problem fixed to.

BTW off topic has anyone tried to buy anything off of modernNXevolution? The reason that i ask is because i sent them a money order for a 03 fuel rail and steel fuel lines but haven't got my stuff and it was supposed to be sent out monday and be at my house by thursday. They sent me a tracking # but from what i understand it hasn't been sent out yet if they have it that is.

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!

Friday, March 11, 2005 8:08 PM
boostedeco wrote:Yeah you need to drop your fuel pressure at idle way down. But you have a motor out of a 02 model year so you can't buy a AFPR. So you have to do like i'm doing and get a fuel rail off a 03 model year ecotec where you can buy a AFPR for a LT1 camaro and bolt it right up. I will also have the greddy e-manage to so i can turn my duty cycle down at idle for the 550cc injectors that i will be running. So i am going to guess that you didn't make it to the track yesterday? But good luck with it and hope yo get your problem fixed to.

BTW off topic has anyone tried to buy anything off of modernNXevolution? The reason that i ask is because i sent them a money order for a 03 fuel rail and steel fuel lines but haven't got my stuff and it was supposed to be sent out monday and be at my house by thursday. They sent me a tracking # but from what i understand it hasn't been sent out yet if they have it that is.

they are thieves

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search