2.3L High Output help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.3L High Output help
Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:07 PM
After much frustration and 2 hours at the junker. I finally got the TB and Intake manifold off of a 2.3L Olds Quad 4

From what few posts I can find on this subject this seems like a decently difficult swap. Anyone have any tips for me before I embark on this potentially futile install?

What can I expect with these new components too? Do I suffer any drawbacks like bad low end or low high end?

And unfortunately I neglected to take with me the air hose from the olds to match up to the TB (it was all cut up anyways by someone who was there before) and I have no clue where my stock one on my 01 z-24 is. Any tips on fabbing a new hose/ intake pipe?

It took waay too much work to get that damn intake out, I have to make this thing work. My soul depends on it, my conscience depends on it.

maybe the fate of the world? okay I'm being dramatic. Any help would be appreciated. thanks a lot.

Re: 2.3L High Output help
Monday, March 21, 2005 12:09 AM
I managed to get my hands on a throttle cable bracket to mount the new cables where they should be.

vacuum hoses are gonna be an issue here... I can't seem to find where to plug em in. any help at all I'd appreciate. I'm desperate here ><
Monday, March 21, 2005 8:14 AM
Not that difficult after you port a little.
Or get the Exploited conversion flange.

http://www.ny-jbodies.org
The Library section for the how to.

You havew a manual so there shouldn't be any space issues as if you had an auto.
(like me)

Assuming you're gonna use teh 2.3L TB. Just folow the instructions from NY Jbodies.
As for the Vaccum hoes, you'll need one for teh brake booster line cause you have to cut it.
I used a dremel. You'll wand a 1/2" I/D/ hose.
And also a 1/4" or 5/16" I.D> hose for one of the smaller lines coming off the 2.4L TB to reach the new TB.

Email me direct if any problems. But its prety straight foward.
-M
MasSnead2@aol.com

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Monday, March 21, 2005 10:38 AM
I'll go ahead and do that, I'll have to run to the napa later today.

I'll need to see if they can order me a few other things too like the Air hose. That or I can prolly find some creative alternative..
Monday, March 21, 2005 8:49 PM
if you have an ebay intake you can cut it to fit too thats what i did, but, until i cut my intake i used a flexible intake hose from autozone, it works but i wasnt going to use it for long.

if mastin is unavaliable you can email me as well, i just did mine 2 weeks ago.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search