Bother with a catback? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bother with a catback?
Sunday, March 20, 2005 5:36 PM
Crawling around under old denty I've been noticing that the pipe between the manifold and cat seems to be the biggest bottleneck of all. So the question is: Do I toss $900+ on a good catback and bolt it up behind the bottleneck or spend around the same having an exhaust shop bend me up a bigger, straighter section of pipe from front to back (with a somewhat cheaper muffler)

Ideas?

...nicotine is life

Re: Bother with a catback?
Sunday, March 20, 2005 5:46 PM
it shouldnt cost near $900 at an exhaust shop

Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:08 PM
$900? that pipe better be made out of gold or something

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:10 PM
hmm.. solid gold pipe you say?
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:15 PM
Cat-back is not worth it.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:34 PM
Is $900 with header and cat and what not?

Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:49 PM
Well there is a yes and no to that IMO....For me buying a cat-back online and getting it shipped to my house was convienient for me....Yea I had to invest a lil more on the cat-back rather than going to an exhaust shop and having it done BUT I do not have the time to go to an exhaust shop....BUT I would suggest if you have the time go to an exhaust shop and have your exhaust redone....

Monday, March 21, 2005 12:55 PM
Ad1kTed 2 SpE3d:

yeah - it was roughly $900 with some cheapy Pacesetters and a larger cat - 2.25" stainless and whatever their house stainless 1piece muffler/tip is.

ThE03FiRe:

..as I am currently garage-less and we just got a nice dumping of snow.......I'll make the time to take the car in for the work..hehe
Monday, March 21, 2005 1:07 PM
look like he is from Canada. so $900 US

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:28 AM
mylife75 you prolli ment 900CAD.

I was quoted about the same price for pacesetter header, ultraflow catalyst, ultraflow muffler (dual) and a resonator. Thats a fairely good price imo IF IT'S IN CAD if not IT'S A STEAL!

zouiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
-What's that noise?
-nutting, it's just my neighbour racing can (read civic).
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:30 AM
Just to clarify my point. 900 CAD for headers cat muffler, resonator and custom bent 2.5"piping

zouiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
-What's that noise?
-nutting, it's just my neighbour racing can (read civic).

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 12:05 PM
well......if you need just an exhaust system(piping muffler etc...)then check out rk sport....they use magnaflow mufflers, and from canada i only paid $550 cdn. when it showed up everything looked real good the mufflers are 4" ovals, and the stainless piping looks good...and i didn't cost no $900...check ou their site rksport.com
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 12:59 PM
I say buy the header, cat, and muffler, then take it to an exhaust shop and have them put everything on.
Midas only wanted $90.00 US for a cat back 2.5", but they won't do a full exhaust (with header and cat) unless I buy the cat from them. Stupid American laws or something.

Definitely take it to a shop, but not Midas. You won't spend nearly as much money that way.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 2:02 PM
....its all about the Canadian Tire!

(j/k - i wouldn't let them patch my spare)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search