patriot head for ecotec - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
patriot head for ecotec
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 10:59 PM
ok, i was wundering if the stage two patriot head is a drop in head. or do i have to go and buy new valves and springs and lifters and what not. if any body can help me out it would be appreciated.

Re: patriot head for ecotec
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:05 PM
the stage 2 comes with everything to drop in EXCEPT cams

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:56 AM
and also you will need a new head gasket, intake manifold gasket and also exhaust manifold gasket

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, June 16, 2005 8:32 AM
^^^^ how much do those cost ?

15.958 @ 88.201 stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...
Thursday, June 16, 2005 10:31 AM
i think there no intake manifold gasket on ecotec

Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:16 PM
thats what i thought too but according to the gm build book there is or that might only be for use with the supercharger

Thursday, June 16, 2005 2:26 PM
it should only be o-rings in the manifold itself on a stock intake manifold

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Thursday, June 16, 2005 9:13 PM
I have the patriot head and it woks great and does come with everything, I would get it assembled from patriot to make it easier on you.

What you will need is an Head Gasket either stock or a Cometic Head gasket which should be just under $100.

You will also need head bolts from GM or ARP head studs which should run you under $70.

Anymore questions just ask...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, June 16, 2005 9:20 PM
What makes complete no sense to me is the fact that they only charge about 200 dollars for all the valve train parts..... I am sorry but if you piece all the parts togeather that they list comes with the stage 2 head the valve train parts are worth WELL over 200 dollars. . . . .

Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:08 PM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:What makes complete no sense to me is the fact that they only charge about 200 dollars for all the valve train parts..... I am sorry but if you piece all the parts togeather that they list comes with the stage 2 head the valve train parts are worth WELL over 200 dollars. . . . .

Maybe it's part of their plot to take over the world!

Friday, June 17, 2005 8:58 PM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:What makes complete no sense to me is the fact that they only charge about 200 dollars for all the valve train parts..... I am sorry but if you piece all the parts togeather that they list comes with the stage 2 head the valve train parts are worth WELL over 200 dollars. . . . .

maybe they are making so much on the stage ones that they only have to charge that much on the stage twos in an attempt to be compatative, or offer it for a price that people are willing to pay.

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 8:23 PM
the stage II valves are +1mm...its a bargain to get the head assembled...and to get their cam package--its only like $200 bucks extra for the cams too...everyone elses cams are like $600...must be buying in bulk that saves all the cash...I'm not complaining...I know their LSx heads are very reputable...I got the stage II and cams on the way

_
2002 LS Sport coupe
Sunday, July 03, 2005 3:17 PM
What kind of difference has anyone felt with an aftermarket head?

Read, then process the info, think logically, than if you don't have a headache afterwards, post your response
Sunday, July 03, 2005 4:06 PM
Grizbone wrote:What kind of difference has anyone felt with an aftermarket head?

Biggest thing is better top end and the RPMs fly...

Sunday, July 03, 2005 4:58 PM
NJs Honda Killa wrote:
Grizbone wrote:What kind of difference has anyone felt with an aftermarket head?

7k redline and power all the way up with the right cams i'm sure

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, July 03, 2005 5:09 PM
Spotabee Racing wrote:
NJs Honda Killa wrote:

7k redline and power all the way up with the right cams i'm sure

hell yeah! I gotta finish tuning my SAFC-2 so I can make my RPMs fly even faster than now.

Monday, July 04, 2005 4:42 AM
Who sell these heads if any one has a link, im intrested in a aftermarket head

Beware the Rouge Dragon.
Monday, July 04, 2005 5:11 AM
2.2 ECOTEC Patriot Head: http://sites.reachtheworld.tv/waterNew/default.asp?T=505240&DID=1225

Most of the info is there...

Monday, July 04, 2005 6:07 AM
Screw the SAFC, get an Emanage. Tune timing, tune fuel, and if you get the new ultimate edtion you can delete the rev and speed limiters.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, July 04, 2005 9:44 AM
Jersey Jay 1.8T wrote:Screw the SAFC, get an Emanage. Tune timing, tune fuel, and if you get the new ultimate edtion you can delete the rev and speed limiters.

word. E-manage > SAFC. Haltech > E-manage. Haltech > *

Monday, July 04, 2005 10:33 AM
huh? So if im reading that right... E-manage is better than SAFC. Haltech is better than E-manage. And Haltech is also better than a star?

Read, then process the info, think logically, than if you don't have a headache afterwards, post your response

Monday, July 04, 2005 10:41 AM
yea pretty much

Monday, July 04, 2005 10:49 AM
Haltech makes some of the best damn standalone management systems ever designed. Upwards of $15 grand for their upper level systems... yea they rock.

Monday, July 04, 2005 11:10 AM
$15 grand seems like it would be a lil over kill for the average street guy.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 11:00 AM
I have been considering using an LSJ head with an L61 block. I am not very mechanically minded and after reading the post " LSJ VS L61" and speaking to the LSJ guy from Cobalt SS, it seems too much fabrication for me to handle. I don't live in the USA and when I visit Florida soon, I want to install the head with my new valvetrain, tune and put the cavy back in storage. I don't have time to worry about making the block off plate for the cam sensor, splicing ICM wires for the ignition etc etc. I have an opportunity to buy a slightly used Patriot Stage 2 head. From what I have read in this post (Going from 14.9 to 14 flat in the quarter etc) I think I'll just go this route, install my supertech and my stage 3 cams. Does anyone definitely not agree with this and say I must go the LSJ route? My ultimate plan is to have a built head, then build the block, then forced induction. Thanks!

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search