Ecotec spark plugs? - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ecotec spark plugs?
Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:20 PM
take em out and have a look for us

Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:54 PM
i will as soon as the weather pick back up wich will be thursday r friday but y is there something suppose to be wrong when i do this

Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:03 PM
no im just curiouse to see how they look, at only 18mm reach they are not as far in the head.

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:08 AM
ok ill let u know

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:30 PM
well i took them out today and put the antiseize on and i must say o was impressed still looked new and these work great highly recomend u getting these

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:12 PM
ptv177 <---- so you have the NGK irridiums, for the SRT-4 then right ?

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:20 PM
18mm aint good

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 4:05 PM
i am using NGK TR55 irrdiums dont no if they r for the srt4 r not

Saturday, June 02, 2007 3:07 PM
AC DELCO IRIDIUM?? Right reach and better for the price than NGK IX?

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Sunday, June 03, 2007 2:45 PM
The proper reach NGK Iridium plugs are LTR5IX on Summitracing.com.

Sunday, June 03, 2007 2:57 PM
ptv177 wrote:well i took them out today and put the antiseize on and i must say o was impressed still looked new and these work great highly recomend u getting these

How long have you been running the shorter reach plugs?

I have TR7 Iridiums for my Eco, but I haven't run them yet. They also have the shorter reach, but now I'm thinking I may have to get different plugs.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:45 PM
So you are guys are saying NA, use stock plugs? Doesn't matter if you have NA modificaitons, tune etc. Still use stock plugs? I have been using the NGK LTR5IX and they work great. However, I may be on the wrong heat range with my mods. My question is, what heat range and type of plug (iridium, platinum etc) should I use for a tuned NA motor?

Sunday, August 25, 2013 6:28 PM
Unless you're running nitrous I'd stick with stock plugs.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 25, 2013 6:41 PM
Stock plugs are just fine for most things N/A

Put it this way, GM recommends the stock plugs for the supercharger install.
Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:39 PM
Okay, so I'll go to stock plugs for my next tune. AC DELCO? Part number ? Or is there a better platinium brand? I heard AC Delco are Denso or NGK plugs?

Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:01 PM
Ac Delco or NGK.
I dont recall the stock number
Saturday, October 03, 2015 9:48 AM
AC DELCO PART # 41-834 OR NGK PART NUMBER NGK5019 (G POWER). I'll be going back to stock plugs as mentioned in this post a while back for my next tune and head modifications. Really want to get the laser iridium from NGK (I have had the iridum NGK 4344 a long time now). Laser iridium part number NGK3474.

http://www.ngk.com/Automotive-NGK-c1411.aspx

Sunday, October 04, 2015 7:44 AM
NGK makes a lot of the AC delco plugs.

When I was N/A I ran the Vpower NGK's, I still run the NGK V Power now, but colder. They are copper.

My LNF I just put NGK's in.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 04, 2015 4:51 PM
I thought NGK made AC delco plugs. In my VW Jetta VR6, I can say that the G-power are a lot better than the V-power NGK Spark Plugs. I noticed not only a slightly quieter engine, but idles smoother and seems to hold power better in the high RPM (I started chirping more from 1st to 2nd lol seriously). Never gone iridium in the VW but I keep reading that the best plugs to use are iridium tipped, when one is looking for max HP and overall performance, not long life.

I'd like to honestly buy new sets of NGK Iridium and AC Delco Platinium plugs. When I'm all tuned set and done, do a couple dyno runs to see what the difference is. No matter how much I read up on spark plugs, I really don't know how well the iridium plug boosts performance and I'm tired of not knowing.

You sure you don't want to switch up to the G POWER man?

Sunday, October 04, 2015 4:59 PM
I think the V POWER are copper plugs then that would make sense for a modified motor, especially on boost. I guess, I just want to know which plug gives me the most HP, any metal. If iridium and platinum are meant to last long but can give the same HP as the copper plugs, then I'd just stay copper and swap em out much more often.

Monday, October 05, 2015 10:59 AM
VPower is copper.

Iridium is design to last long. They also have a fine point and if need to be regapped they are tricky to gap.

FU Tuning

Monday, October 05, 2015 11:50 AM
So you're not going Iridium because? I switched to Denso Iridium for a little bit (has the 0.6mm tip vs 0.7mm for the NGK), car didn't run so good with the DENSO and not after many miles the plugs already started to turn super white. Maybe they made me run leaner? I was tuned already when I did this about a while back.

Monday, October 05, 2015 1:02 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:NGK makes a lot of the AC delco plugs.

When I was N/A I ran the Vpower NGK's, I still run the NGK V Power now, but colder. They are copper.

My LNF I just put NGK's in.

How do you like the coppers? I'm thinking about switching to those.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, October 05, 2015 1:04 PM
What you running now? Step colder at least since you're supercharged?

Monday, October 05, 2015 1:40 PM
02ECOTECIMPORTKILLER wrote:So you're not going Iridium because? I switched to Denso Iridium for a little bit (has the 0.6mm tip vs 0.7mm for the NGK), car didn't run so good with the DENSO and not after many miles the plugs already started to turn super white. Maybe they made me run leaner? I was tuned already when I did this about a while back.

My cavy I have coppers, have for years.

My HHR SS with a LNF I am running the laser Iridiums. I was able to get them with a pre gapp of .032 so I did not have to adjust and the HHR is my daily.

The coppers in my cavy have always been great and cheap. V powers are usually $1.65 a plug.

I did research a while back on the Ecotec and it was hard finding the part number for a V power a heat range colder for the Ecotec.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search