Heated O2 Sensor in Modified Exhaust Write Up - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Heated O2 Sensor in Modified Exhaust Write Up
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:59 AM
Here is my attempt to draw this. The wire colors don't correspond to the ones on the car / sensor because those are different for each application. I hope this helps.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:44 AM
Okay. Thank You, that helped me out a lot and explained everything. I guess I will go pick up another sensor today and give it a shot. Hopefully it will fix the problem I am having. It will die sometimes when I put the clutch in and throw it into neutral and almost seems like if I sit at idle for about a minute or so it will have built up fuel and will chug and be very hesitant taking off. I usually have to rev it a few times and then its good to go again. Thanks again for the help and I will let everybody know how it works out for me.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:54 AM
Would this still work if your not running a cat.?

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:15 AM
what does the cat have to do with it?

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:46 PM
Well, I just bought one, so we will see what happens. I'll post an update as soon as I get it running.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:18 AM
Luke, just wondering if yours worked out for you? I should have mine done later today once I get the shop cleared out and some room made.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:46 AM
Timothy Pietraallo wrote:Luke, just wondering if yours worked out for you? I should have mine done later today once I get the shop cleared out and some room made.

I'm not sure yet. I bought mine online, and haven't received it yet. Also, my engine isn't back from the machine shop yet, so I won' have it together for at least another week yet

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:53 AM
I won't have mine done until at least next weekend, my trans needed emergency attention.

Friday, March 30, 2007 1:07 PM
Okay. I just finished mine up today and took it down the road and back. It definitely seems to idle more steadily now. However, I am still having my major problem from before. I think it may be my tps now. If I come to a stop or something and sit there for like a minute when I push the throttle pedal and get ready to take off the rpms will go below the idle mark and then I usually have to rev it slightly twice and then its fine taking off. Does this sound like a tps to you guys? Thanks for all your guy's help.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 6:31 AM
hey i went and did this mode and there we go.
My car has paceseter header and the o2 was slow po133 and now i did this and it runs beter with no bonging down at cold start up and taking off too this post should be a sticky.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:01 PM
so is your diagram saying that the coresponding wires on the heated o2 should go to same spot as the unheated o2 and that the other two wires for the heated o2 should go to the unused wires on the connector?

Why not just buy the proper connector and splice it into the harness then? That way when you change the sensor it is just plug and play like a normal sensor would be?

Just edited, I used the search function to find this post and it took me to the second page, totaly missed the first page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:10 PM

Saturday, April 21, 2007 10:50 PM
Friday, May 04, 2007 11:58 AM
I would like to know some updates on this.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, May 04, 2007 12:49 PM
I performed it on mine, but I think the problem I am having is due to my spark plugs. So I think I am going to change them this weekend and see if thats the problem.

Friday, May 04, 2007 1:27 PM
hey there guys now it been one month now and it still running great no engien light or slow respond po133 or bonging down at cold start up .
Friday, May 04, 2007 2:48 PM
Interesting.
I really never had an issue with the described symptoms until my pre cat O2 went bad.
I replaced it with stock unit and still have bogging issues with the car. Not bad but bad enough that everytime I stop at a store, I turn off the engine, go inside, and not 2minutes later come back, take off, and it bogs. It's especially aggravating with you're trying to make it into traffic and have to get on it.

This sounds like the remedy for me.
It's ashamed I just bought that new O2 sensor and installed it not 2 months ago.

Good info here and am going to try this.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 5:53 PM
My car would do this.
DCStang67 wrote: When the car goes into closed loop when it is cold it sounds like it wants to stall. The engine rpms go down to about 800 and then it catches itself.

&
Kevin wrote:So is this mod for any after market exhaust? and someone said "it stops the stalling" by that do you mean when you step the clutch in at a stop sign the rpms drop and it sounds like the car is going to die?

Fixed both symptoms by changing the IAC sensor #12482707. After 4 days car still runs like the day I bought it from the Pontiac dealer.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 1:47 AM
i never had to change iac sensor. It was all because of the 02 was slow reponding. before when i did not do this in 4 years when i got the headers and i went and did this mode and bam it ran back when i got the car new .
Wednesday, May 09, 2007 8:56 AM
^Good to hear this has helped you out.
Hmm... but something is telling me that this modification will help out for those that have O2 placement poorly placed on one cylinder and not collector.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 12:21 PM
this is one of the BEST mods i have ever did to my car. my car is very very modded and i was starting to think i would have to live with the side effects but after putting in the sensor i drove miss daisy around the city for about an hour in total bliss start ,stop ,idle, warm up, drive, shift coast and none of that " u have to know how to drive it " crap any driver any scenario the car comes out with A+ it truly starts idles and drives like its bone stock. if i had to chose between my hp tuner and my heated 02 sensor it would be a real hard choice. (yes I'm that happy) people don't realize how hard it is to maintain proper sensor temp with heat robing mods like a turbo,header,removed cat ,bigger pipe, and or high-flow muffler s for example my car has a turbo 3'' exhaust (exits at the front of the car so its very short) no cat and a flowmaster. everything is ceramic coated and wrapped in 2'' header wrap and after i do a pull on the dyno and the motor comes back down to an idle with in 3 mins the sensor looses temp and starts to run like crap. so on the street its almost impossible to maintain temp and the more exhaust mods u have from the list above the faster it cools off keeping in mind climate plays a big role me living in Canada would almost drive me crazy because at 3pm it can be +18c and by 11pm its snowing. those with the single wire sensor go with the Casper's set up i put it on my truck and it works great and the fact its plug and play comes with a new sensor its not worth your time or money to go any other way as for the 2 wire i will post pics once i can of my set up its the same as Shawn's pic ^ but i made it all plug and play. again awesome mod i love my car again
Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:15 AM
Ok I would just like clarification on this before I do it. I have a 97 sunfire. The wire coming from the 02 now on the car is purple. So that gets connected to the signal wire on the new 4 wire 02 probably black. Then there are 3 more wires left over. Cant I just tap right off the rear 02 wiring?

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:40 AM
FAST2.4 P wrote:Ok I would just like clarification on this before I do it. I have a 97 sunfire. The wire coming from the 02 now on the car is purple. So that gets connected to the signal wire on the new 4 wire 02 probably black. Then there are 3 more wires left over. Cant I just tap right off the rear 02 wiring?

Check that out. I think 90 bucks is worth it to help your cars issues you posted about in your other thread.1 wireO2 to heated O2 sensor kit

Thursday, May 17, 2007 2:47 PM
Fixed the problem. But one thing, I cleared the code 134 from the previous snesor not being plugged in and the code came up 15 miles later and I am getting a signal from the 02. Maybe just a history code? I cleared it and well see if it comes back.

Friday, May 18, 2007 2:59 PM
Well it came back so I am disconnecting the battery for 10-14 minutes. I am getting .45 volts from the sensor but it is saying that I am not getting a signal. What do I do?

Sunday, May 27, 2007 6:38 PM

LD9 2.4L
AT

If i have a Modified Header and the 2.25 Modified Exhaust with the Cat, the engine have problems wih O2 ???
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search