Ecotec Cams - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ecotec Cams
Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:12 AM
With bolt ons, maybe a little more.... anyone know what my cam specs mean? I need to research it all but took the word of someone in that these cams will bring good HP.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:53 AM
I thought colt was the company doing the grinds for LZM. Those specs look a little milder than there stage 2's.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 2:54 PM
Stage 2 bring what like 15 whp? With HP TUners, look like I can get 20whp? I am also upgrading the valvetrain (valvesprings/retainers)

Saturday, July 12, 2008 4:05 PM
The cams are ground by colt cams...I think the specs u have are the Triflow cams which are known as a stage one cam...You can drop thoses cams right in and have your car run with no codes..But If you want to really get the full use out of the cams Get HP Tuning done..But doing any mods to you car even puting on a short ram ai intake you shoud get the HP Tuning done..These cars are not like a honda which will except mods very well before needing anything done..Our factory tuning Sucks..It is ment to do one thing and one thing only Make the car run as efficent as possible..
Sunday, July 13, 2008 2:44 PM
Jason thanks for the tips. I thought the Triflows were like stage 3 equivalent cams, since LZM did have a stage 1 and 2 cam, not sure. IF that's the case, then I'm a happy man. Think with a new valvetrain I'll have codes thrown before I can get the car tuned?

Sunday, July 13, 2008 4:46 PM
New Valve train should not throw you any codes..Also LZM only offers a stage 1 &2 Cam profile..But if I were you I would also get bigger injectors..Your factory ones are small and will go lean very fast at high RPM..I am using the green tops from a Cobalt ss,And I am no where close to running lean..I belive factory injectore are like 175cc,VS 380cc.I am happy with the Triflows they pull really nice from about 3500 to 7000,And dont always worry about HP Numbers,Lots dependes on if you have better motor and transmission mounts..And at the end of the day it is all about the driver..You can have 1000hp and not know how to drive and have a Civic out run you..Let me know how it all woks in the end..
Sunday, July 13, 2008 7:13 PM
Triflow cams will suit you right.. i'm waiting to buy myself a set of triflow cams.. let me know if you throw any codes with those cams installed and how the power range is. I know the triflow cams are colt cam grinds.. so if they are the tri's then you'll be fine..

-- RK Sport Underdriven Crank, TTR Mounts, 4-1 Header,
Catback Exhaust, Reveco 62mm Throttle Body --
Monday, July 14, 2008 5:05 PM
Thanks.... If the valvetrain arrives this week then I plan on getting it all done on Sat (install and tune). Will keep you all posted. I thought i might need bigger injectors but the race shop owner doesn't think so but says he can get the parts I need that day. So looking forward to this mod!!

Monday, July 14, 2008 5:17 PM
I have Comp stage 2s, with full bolt-ons and stock valvetrain and just a reflash with HPTuners. The car pulls like a bat out of hell and from what I've seen on the spec sheet the Triflow cam is a much milder cam. But when it comes to cams you have to add in that you also need to understand that these cams shift your powerband more towards the top end. I did in install awhile back on a JBO members car that has Comp stage2s and the same mods as me but he was street tuned by Shifted and running LSJ inectors, the car is insanely quick for a full interior stock bottom end and top end cavalier. His name on here is Mr. Roboto.
Monday, July 14, 2008 6:39 PM
I found in my own build that the factory ones will go lean very fast..If I was you I would just upgrade them..Dont cook a motor just because you missed one little thing..But this is only my 2cents on it..Best of luck cant wait to see how you like them..
Monday, July 14, 2008 8:40 PM
Quote:

I found in my own build that the factory ones will go lean very fast..If I was you I would just upgrade them..Dont cook a motor just because you missed one little thing..But this is only my 2cents on it..Best of luck cant wait to see how you like them..

Factory ones? Do you mean the factory valvetrain?
I am tempted to get cams too, but do not want to go lean and cook the motor.

2003 Sunfire with a 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler, 2 1/4 piping to a 2 1/2 inch resonator (bigger to make up for the baffling), a 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter, 2 1/4 inch down-pipe, a ported LSJ manifold, a drop in K&N filtercharger and sports a Bomber body kit with a VIS Invader hood.

Monday, July 14, 2008 9:06 PM
OK My Valve train is factory..If you do the HP Tuning You will be running a higher red line,By running higher redline you need more Fuel you need bigger injectors.But this is from my findings..
Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:40 PM
Comp stage 2(part # 113300) or JPB Stage 3. Specs are better for the JPB but I can't seem to find out how it compares to the Comp.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search